Thread: Run Dead Rising 2 Off The Record in Windowed Mode

Run Dead Rising 2 Off The Record in Windowed Mode

I have recently downloaded a game called Dead Rising 2: Off the Record and have installed it my my pc properly. I usually like to play games in Windowed Mode. I checked in the games options for this mode but cannot find it anywhere. So, if anyone knows how to play Dead Rising: Off The Record in windowed mode then please tell me. If there is any utility for same then also let me know about it.

Re: Run Dead Rising 2 Off The Record in Windowed Mode

I found a software that lets you to use any Windows program in Windowed mode. You can download this software from here. After that extract the file and double click the dxwnd.exe. Now go to edit and then Add and the pick your games.exe. Just leave the DirectX version to hook set to Automatic and then click ok. Now you need to click the new file like you have just added in the Window and then double click on the exe file or right click on it and hit Execute. Now the game will boot up in Windowed mode only.

Re: Run Dead Rising 2 Off The Record in Windowed Mode

Well, since this game is kind of high end and also requires graphics card for playing it, it will be not good to run it in Window Mode because it will make the game to lag very hard. In any case, instead of playing it in Windowed Mode, you should play it in normal mode only and if you like to multi-task a lot then you can press the Alt+tab key on your keyboard to switch between programs. It will have no effect on the game as well.

I also think that if you add -window at the end of the traget in shortcut properties of the game. If this doesnt work then try Alt+Ctrl+Enter key. If still no, then try to switch your monitor resolution to a smaller one and then run the game at that same resolution. After that alt+tab out of the game and set the monitor resolution to the way that you want.