Thread: Getting error message”You must be running Steam client to play Human Revolution”

Getting error message”You must be running Steam client to play Human Revolution”

Whenever I try to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution, by clicking on play or whenever I click on ‘set up Deus ex’ I get an error message saying,” You must be running Steam client to play Human Revolution”. I had preloaded Deus Ex: Human Revolution one day before and I have already verified the game cache, not just one time but, then also I am getting error. I don’t know what could be the reason behind this. BTW, I have an ATI graphics card. Now, I am thinking that I have wasted my money, by buying this game. Please reply, if you have any solution for this issue.

Re: Getting error message”You must be running Steam client to play Human Revolution”

I can understand your worry. Try doing this. First, exit fully out of steam. And then browse to the app folder and there also you will see an exe file. Try executing that. And tell me if it gives any error message and if gives then what is the message. Reply, when you have done doing this.

Re: Getting error message”You must be running Steam client to play Human Revolution”

I tried doing this on yesterday only and I was getting the same message as I mentioned above. I thought, if I will re-install the whole game than if any file would missing from pre-load then it will be recovered and then it will be fixed. So, I did a re-install also. But, even after re-installing the whole game, when I tried to play it from Steam, it started giving me same message again and it didn’t worked. After reinstalling also, I went to Steamapps file and tried to execute dxhr.exe but this also given me same message and didn’t worked. So, now what should I do? I don’t know anything to fix this now. So, please give me any working solution for this.

I was also having the same issue once. But when I exited the Stream completely and restarted it, it stopped showing me that message and it fixed my problem.

This may be because; your steam service might not have started yet. So, first check that the ‘Steam Service’ is running on your computer or not? You can check for it by going in task manager’s services tab.
    One more thing you need to know that whether Your UAC is disabled? And if it is disabled then try to enable it whenever you are installing steam. And also make sure that it is given appropriate elevation.

I was also having the same issue once. But when I exited the Stream completely and restarted it, it stopped showing me that message and it fixed my problem.
    I completely exited and restarted Steam and not only that I also removed it from desktop tray which is situated at lower right. And, now when I click on Play button, it doesn’t shows that message again but now also it is not loading. I tried playing it after validating the cache also, but no fate.
    This may be because; your steam service might not have started yet. So, first check that the ‘Steam Service’ is running on your computer or not? You can check for it by going in task manager’s services tab.
    One more thing you need to know that whether Your UAC is disabled? And if it is disabled then try to enable it whenever you are installing steam. And also make sure that it is given appropriate elevation.
    I checked in task manager and I found that my Steam client Service is running. But, I am not able to find UAC. So tell me where I can find it, so that I can enable it.

You can find UAC in control panel’s User section. Make it enable if it is not enabled. And if it doesn’t makes any difference, then if you have an anti-virus running on your system then it is possible that they could be actively checking each and every files. And if it is so, then disable them and see it fixes or not. Also try deleting steam file named as clientregistry.blob; if you remember your username and password of your Steam account.

I enabled UAC but it didn’t made any difference. I tried deleting clientregistery.blob also, but it gave me the message that “the game is not available currently, so try again later”

copy all files (4 of them) in side ***** folder and replace them in "Deus Ex - Human Revolution" folder.

good luck

copy all files (4 of them) in side"Crack" folder and replace them in "Deus Ex - Human Revolution" folder.

good luck