Thread: What is the Price of Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

What is the Price of Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Anyone have any idea about prize of this game? I am hoping it will not be a full $60 game. If the content is looking good enough I might change my mind. Anyone have any ideas about the prize? Please share your idea about this game and provide more information about the game if anyone has.

Re: What is the Price of Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

For the Record, this is a bargain bin $20 game for me. As for initial price probably $60 but if they're smart $40. I really want to play it but I will not be paying $60 for it.

Amazon currently has it listed as $50 and coming out on Oct. 31st. $20 bargain bin for me! Besides, Uncharted 3 comes out a day later. Why not buy a new game instead of a rehash? $50 is way too much for this. Yes I know, nothing is set n stone when it's listed this early on Amazon.

There are a large amount of differences, to which I list in the question thread. It's not just taking Chuck's model & replacing it with Frank. Anyways, when we were at Captivate, we asked about the price & they said it would be "appropriately" priced, so I'm expecting $40 at the most.

GameStop has it listed at $40USD, which makes sense to me, given that was the price of the Super Street Fighter 4 relaunch. It's my price cut-off point, so I'm willing to bet that it's others as well. There are others, still, that would not pony up the $40 for the relaunch, but I'm certain that Capcom has figured out the maximum net profit given price x units sold. Part of me still believes that this could have been accomplished via dlc, as I've seen some amazing gaming accomplishments via that format (Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, and Fallout 3); Yet Capcom's understanding of dlc increases with each new title, so I'll trust them.

$40 seems pretty reasonable to me but I'll reserve judgment for when I see the end product of Off the Record. From what I see currently, it's just a re-release with a bit of new content and fixes certain issues. Kind of sad that you'd be willing to address an issue with a re-release but not a patch for the people that supported you to begin with. Not going to assume anything about the issue surrounding that now since I would think Capcom has a good reason for it. I think.

Wishful thinking here but I hope that Capcom considers couch co-op this time around. Not everyone wants to spend the money for an extra system and copy of a game just to play with someone living with you. That alone would justify the price for me.