Thread: Your thoughts on little wrestling zombies in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Your thoughts on little wrestling zombies in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

This caught me completely off guard and I’m sure a lot of you as well, though personally I love the idea of wrestling zombies, because this means there will be more hand to hand combat moves and that would be great for those like myself who try to go for a no weapon challenge, so what do you all think?

Re: Your thoughts on little wrestling zombies in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

I don't think hand-to-hand combat works well in the DR world. Not sure how that wrestling thing is going to be like. And I'm still disappointed that they decided to remove the Terror is Reality online mode. But I hope we at least get to play some TiR in the game, like the wrestling thing. And since TiR plays a role in the story (Frank wrestling zombies), I don't get why they would remove the online mode from the game.

Hand-to-hand worked fine in the first DR. It wasn't until DR2 did they substitute Chuck's unarmed combat abilities in lieu of his craftsman skills. Frank was a stocky brawler moonlighting as a journalist. So I'm pretty stoked on the idea of getting into a cage match with the undead.

I am acquainted with TiR wasn't the most fun thing in the world, but for the sake of getting a bang for your buck, they should've just included it on off the Record and maybe even created a few new mini-games, but oh well. I'm still glad TiR at least plays a role in the new game. I'm still unsure about "wrestling zombies." I mean no blades?? I just can't wrap my mind around it. It’s not a UFC game. Doing a power-bomb or whatever on a zombie doesn't sound that cool to me. Well, maybe it does sound cool, but with the animation, I don't think it's going to look that good.

TIR was more annoying than anything. Even if it was a side thing it was a pain to find a game and now is near impossible to find four people to play. Either way, I'm happy that they've changed it slightly. I wouldn't mind wrestling zombies in a bikini as Frank if I had too. I believe that this game is going to be more comedic than anything else. So might as well enjoy the laugh while we can and do some awesome wrestling with some awesome zombies.