Thread: Which Frank West you favor in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Which Frank West you favor in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Which one you like I mean which Frank West you choose. You choose Frank West from Dead Rising or Frank from Dead Rising 2 off the Record?

Re: Which Frank West you favor in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

The first, but the second makes sense, considering he's older, got famous and is on a continuous medication to prevent zombification. I'd like to see them work in Frank from the beta, though. Maybe give him an unlockable outfit or something.

The newer look of Frank West is older, so they modified his appearance to show that he has aged, and I think is successful. He's no longer lean and mean, but now large and in charge. Got to say the first one did LOOK better, but they kept his personality down pretty good in both games (I mean of course Case West) and they did keep his voice so I have no complaints really. And i as well prefer the original because it's the original but the new look makes sense for story so i can adapt though i would gladly welcome the option to play as the original as either an unlockables or DLC

You know I always thought him looking a tad bit chunky was off but now I realize it is the better look. He has that much more mature feel that any man should have after surviving a zombie outbreak. Chuck seems to have taken Franks younger persona so changing Frank into a carefree badass seems worthwhile. I look forward to the new game, but I wish it had a true story instead of what if tale.

I hate when games will cover a span of several years and the main characters still look exactly the same. This is the first time in a long time that a protagonist has actually undergone realistic aging. In DR1, he was already 36 years old, getting pretty damn close to middle-aged. In Case West, he's like, 41. I like that he's become a bit more haggard, burlier, and has gotten himself a gut. Kind of goes well with his personality, since after the kind of crap he's seen between wars and zombie outbreaks and 6 years of dealing with his own zombie infection, I could see him just not giving a damn. He was never in super-lean shape to begin with.

Besides, what the hell is everyone so surprised with his fatness for? This is a man that could eat an entire pizza in three seconds flat, and wash it down with an entire gallon of chocolate milk. You don't do that kind of crap without some serious repercussions. See, Frank's so damn manly that his body has already fought and killed the zombie virus in his blood. Those injections you seemed giving himself? That's insulin so he doesn't lose a foot to diabetes.

You know I'm kidding with the diabetic bit, Chico. But Frank West's appeal to me is the fact that he's not some ripped, perfect-bodied action hero build. He was designed as sort of an "everyman", even in DR1, you could see that he was burly and had the beginnings of a gut going on. I like that they've taken into account his aging, and the fact living with a zombie virus probably ages you pretty badly. Weather’s young, or old and fat; I am just stoked to be able to play as the Original Zombie Genocider again.

I really dig the old Frank West; he was young, outgoing, and kind of naive. The new Frank is cool too, but he seems at times so different than the original character. However he is seasoned and kind of makes sense in the terms that he has seen a lot and quite knowledgeable on the outbreak. I suppose the growth is cool, but really is a curse as well.