Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sandbox Mode confirmed for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Video Games

Old 11-10-2011

Sandbox Mode confirmed for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

While it was hinted at in the achievements, it's been officially confirmed that Sandbox Mode will be in the game, similar to Infinite Mode. It'll include both single & co-op mode, both of which include challenges that have online leader boards. I'm seriously glad this is returning, as I felt this should've been in DR2. A game series that's all about exploring a large area seriously needs a mode where I can just take the time and do whatever I want without feeling like I have restrictions due to the time limit.

Old 11-10-2011

Re: Sandbox Mode confirmed for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

This mode should make earning those "kill number of zombies" achievements easier. Hopefully, you can save & continue from where you left off in the mode so you don't have to start over.
Old 11-10-2011

I am wondering if it'll have the same thing from DR1 where in infinite mode your health slowly decreases even if you don't get attacked, i certainly hope not cause that ruined it for me, when i first heard about infinite mode in the first game i thought it was know, no limitations, no following a story plot, no worrying about whether you'll get somewhere on time or not, just all out, kill as many zombies as you want, do what you want, have all the time in the world to explore the mall, etc. but no, it had me having to look everywhere for food and drinks cause my health was dropping, i understand what they were going for, survive for x amount of days but that could have been its own mode and name is survival mode don't put it in the way of our freedom, that's something i hope they do with this game.
Old 11-10-2011

Capcom exposed that a sandbox mode will be in Off the Record. As the trailer shows, this mainly abolishes all the missions and constraints of time, permitting Frank West to explore the city of luck in your spare time. To make way for a little more vigor, Capcom has added a number of elective challenges in the world. At one point, Frank could be the task of killing the zombies as possible within a time limit. Later his photography skills to the limit can be carried in a race to accumulate the PP a lot with your camera. This city in the fortune of being, which could even enter a race of alcohol, snorting.
Old 11-10-2011

Hopefully it won't drain too much. Thankfully, I can just keep a couple of OJs w/ me or whatever heals ya the most & refill my life once it's down.
Old 11-10-2011

The health-drain wasn't even really that bad in DR1. And I stayed mobile enough, killing survivors that I never really had to worry that much about food. The way I look at it is this: We all moan and complain about the health-drain still being in effect. We rejoice the fact we have co-op Infinite Mode, something that was missing from DR2. i don't have a problem with it i just want an option to be able to turn it off because there are gamers like myself that get incredibly paranoid about that sort of thing and because we get paranoid we don't bother to do anything else but stay alive.
Old 11-10-2011

I agree the ability to turn it on or off would be nice, I'm glad to see they brought back at least some semblance of Infinite Mode.
Old 11-10-2011

I know what you mean. There are folks that wouldn't have any fun in Infinite Mode but just sit Frank on top of a light fixture/awning/kiosk, and not even move until absolutely necessary. That crap got boring. I personally was never bothered by the health drain, since I'd either stay mobile or kill, or be hunkered down somewhere. By "hunkered down" I mean that I built makeshift holdout points by barricading myself into stores using benches and other obstructions with large stockpiles of equipment and food. I'd kill all survivors in a particular area and take their food, find a store with useful products (sporting goods, hardware, or the gunshop for example), then drop off most of the food somewhere safe.
Old 15-10-2011

I would bring everything heavy I could find to the doorway of the store and block it, picking up other food items to deposit along the way (and if I was near an oven, hopefully cook any raw food I had in my inventory), so once night fell and the zombies went berserk, I would have my own little Alamo to defend.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , , ,