Thread: Dungeons And Dragons Neverwinter will use the F2P model

Dungeons And Dragons Neverwinter will use the F2P model

At a recent conference call the CFO said that Perfect World will use the model Neverwinter F2P. This is the strange part: there is actually a typographical error in the written transcript. You can use the "find" function on your browser and look up the word "emphasis" to find this specific appointment. What I actually said in the audio recording is that Neverwinter Nights will be a F2P game.

Re: Dungeons And Dragons Neverwinter will use the F2P model

Cannot seem to get the file to play. I see it is streaming, but does not open any of my browsers (Firefox, Explorer) or downloading and running the ASX file in Windows Media Player and VLC Media Player. Not certain what I feel of the news. I guess that presents access to younger spectators that might not normally be able to afford access. I think I'm being a little pretentious saying it was a sort of search of an audience that was a bit older, or severe enough to crack open the piggy bank for it. But I can see the error in my knee jerk reaction and how that may not make sense to sell items purchased voluntarily.

You know what worries me more deeply than is mentioned as f2p? The fact that he called "Neverwinter Nights" not just "Neverwinter". In my eyes, this says a lot about how much you care about the man who talks about the game! I am very concerned whenever the guy in charge of the threads do not know much about the product, this is a true " and of course, that is Pink?" type of situation. F2p Not content with what is known as "the online cooperation RPG" COOP RPG to me means a good game. You could call it "Alliance of Valiant Arms," a "Coop online shooter," but is actually a MMO where you buy such weapons with real money. If Neverwinter going to be "free to play with micro transactions", it's just an MMO instances where cases or buy anything with money. You just do not get the right games are f2p except for Team Fortress 2 and not f2p until about 5 years after release.

Most free to play MMO players the chance to become a VIP that means you pay a subscription fee and get all the extra materials would normally pay separately. Would not surprise me that this would have that option.

There is much talk about the whole 'No, this is not a sequel to Neverwinter Nights. Why would anyone probably think that? Surly not a follow-up, but think about it, we are not taking benefit of calling Neverwinter Nights line frequently seen about this game.

I agree with this if it makes sense, but keep in mind, NWN was a cult hit (and nobody comes to making money in the cult hits, and I think that Cryptic are just in it for the pleasure of making a great game, have bills to pay and all), NWN1 / 2 is unhappily irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, all Neverwinter Nights brings name are people who still have an interest in Neverwinter Nights, and that's just a minority a niche in the event. If you take a big brand name importantly, it is best to take a much better known than Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter is called, more likely, because it is the intention of tying in the release of Neverwinter as a campaign setting itself.

If not for the Neverwinter game series, everything would be fixed elsewhere. I have strongly suspected the continued use of the city as a place where Plug and Play has something to do with not stepping on the RPG fans. The game would be "Cormyr" or somewhat. NWN1 was sold somewhere around 2 million copies, which was not accurately a "cult hit".

I agree to pick up Neverwinter strip on the fans and I agree that NWN1 was not a "cult hit" at the time; it was a product they sell. But keep in mind that it was 10 years, and NWN2 largely considered disappointing by many hardcore fans, and did not sell as well at all. The fact that the name has sold well in the past, does not mean they are selling. There are fears which the new Deus Ex cannot sell well, in spite of being as well as the unique game and the original game is massive. NWN sold well because it came at a time when deep CRPGs remain relevant, they are not only now, perhaps a triple A title of a year will be a traditional CRPG or some kind of deepsim (we had 2 of this year if you include Deus Ex).

I do not call a game that manages a sequel, and four expansions of the sentence, half of them are not even made by Bioware, "immaterial in the grand scheme of things." I do not think it's an mishap that WotC has released a lot of Neverwinter products this year.

The number of people playing online PWs modded? Yes, that's a niche market and the worshiping community. This is why Bioware dumped multiplayer and modding for many of their following games. However, the number of people registered for the RPG box? Very big money given the boot Atari paid the bill for two expansions for both. And that is a mark that at a standstill worth exploiting. No, not "Call of Duty" pertinent, but the most significant thing holding it back there that was not released on consoles. It is still relevant as a lot to a name in line goes. Notice how few western MMO is launching with more unique IPs, Cryptic champions just a go over and Star Trek, people interested, Neverwinter is no dissimilar.