Thread: suggestion for items in Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter

suggestion for items in Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter

I have came across this game called “Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter” and I have heard that we won’t be able to make custom items of equipment for our user made in the foundry and the cryptic are also using some kind of virtual currency which we can gain from the user made content and later can use it to spend it in the proper Neverwinter in order to shop .So I just wanted to know what do you all think about this and what are your suggestion for this as well.

Re: suggestion for items in Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter

What I think is that the point value system for created items should depend upon the difficult level I mean that at the difficulty level they should be able to make up to 4 items for e.g. up to 4 standard item or say a couple of flaming item or a flaming burst item and I think that the need some sort of refinement but I can suggest more about that because u don’t have a good information about the game. I just wish that there should be some loot for the player as well.

I think that the point value system should be very plain and it should not be based on the difficulty level but it would be fine for the overall difficulty of the campaign and if it is like that then each encounter can earn some gold and can add it in to the loot pool which can be further used but the designer to spend it on treasure and they can also assign a monetary value to the item and then can use the item further to access the loot pool in order to determine if the designer can really afford the items they are creating.

I always thought that it is a way to go thinking that it will not affect the balance of the game if the player cannot take it in to the larger world .What I have found to the other side of the game is that the items are overpowered in the context of the module and this module appear like a xp farm. What I think is that there should be some temporary item as well because the item value is not contributing to the player’s health in any ways.

I am really wondering that why we will not be having the ability to create items in the foundry. It is fine if we are not able to create items that give us some abilities but then we should be able to create the mundane items which are used to make plots and quests. I don’t know that how will we make our epic tavern basement quests without the ability of the creating the item that provide us some abilities. I have heard that the ability to create the mundane items has not been clearly denied by now so I think that we can have some luck.

Yes we won’t be able to create our own items as they have said and we will be limited to some items that they have made but I have also heard that the list is not final and they will be adding some more items in the pre made item list and these items will be like the plants, rocks, doors, boxes, consoles, walls, floors, bottles, fire, lamps, with some special effect as well. As far as the 'rat tails' is concerned there will be ten rats in a basement and after killing them we will get the ten rat tails but then it won’t be in the inventory but the game will keep a record of the completed task. So after you finish the rat task you can take the rat till in to a bar and get some drinks in return for another round.

What I think is that we should be allowed to create some item at every level rather than just getting the currency and we should be able to place the item in the inventory as well. I think that there should be a system and that should be base4d on the effort in getting through the module rather than a loot based .We should be able to create a item at certain level in order to match the difficulty of the created adventure like that of in the 4e and I really don’t expect the method of going to the shop and getting the generic item .There should be something interesting .I just wish that all these could be there so the game gets interesting rather than just a copy version of some other game.

Yes I think that gaining the weapon through the adventure is the real way of going rather than just going to the shop and getting them. I think that getting normal weapons from the store on the start is ok or say at the level one but then keeping the entire powerful weapon from the stores is not a good choice and it does not make the game interesting as well. I think that the best way to reward to a adventure is a surprising adventure itself which also make it quite interesting and a bit realistic as well .So I just hope that the developers do not allow to buy the powerful weapons from the store and add some adventure to get it and this is my personal thought because I know that most of the people will tend to get it from the store itself because they find the adventure for weapons boring.