Thread: Is there any way to change the control scheme of the “Orcs Must Die”?

Is there any way to change the control scheme of the “Orcs Must Die”?

I recently played the demo version of Orcs Must Die. I have to say that this is really an awesome game as I had expected. I got the seventh on the leader boards for the third map. I am sure going to buy this game now, but before that I wanted to ask here that will I be able to change the control scheme of the “Orcs Must Die”? Actually I normally play games using E,S,D,F buttons from last several years and I am addicted to that only. And I normally don’t like playing a game with W,A,S,D. I searched for a config file so that I can change the key binds for the controls scheme in this game, but I was not able to find that.

Re: Is there any way to change the control scheme of the “Orcs Must Die”?

Sorry to say you, but unfortunately you cannot do that. They key binds for the control scheme are mapped by default and there is no way to change them in Orcs Must Die.

If this is really so, then I will have to say that this is just a lazy programming of this game. I actually never expect such things from a high quality game, and it is really bit disappointing for me.

You dont have to worry a lot about this as even if it is not possible to remap the keys in Orcs Must Die then also you can do that by using other key remappers. There are many of such available, like Sharpkeys and grebind. You can use any of them to remap the keys in this game. I hope this solution helps you.

I also want to remap the controls of the character of Orcs Must Die, but I am not able to find any way to do this. As you suggested I have already tried using Grebind but that didn’t helped me at all. I heard somewhere that GlovePIE can do this. Is there anyone who has tried using GlovePIE for this?

I would like to say the Robot Entertainment that they should really make this to be happen so that we can play this game comfortably. I tried to change the windows keyboard configuration but that didn’t work in this case. They should really include an option to change the controls of the character of this game.

Is it true that we cannot remap the keys in this game? Is it just for the demo or it is for the final version of Orcs Must Die also? I really don’t have habit of playing a game using W,A,S,D and therefore I will really require to remap the controls of this game. I don’t think that coding for this will be very difficult. I liked the demo version and therefore I have already preordered the Orcs Must Die, though it really annoys me that I am not able to remap the controls. It is not a new or any advance thing. Today almost all the game have this feature, so why not this game.

Yes we cannot remap the controls even in the final version of Orcs Must Die. This really a most annoying thing and they should really look forward into this and make a solution for this as soon as possible. I am just hoping that they will fix this issue in the next patch of Orcs Must Die.

In my case I am left handed and I cannot control a character in a game perfectly using my right hand, and there are many people like me who are not right handed and therefore, only option to play with W,A,S,D will surely decrease the business of this game. Why they are not bothered of including such fundamental stuffs in their game. There are many other indie studios out, why don’t I play those games which I can play comfortably.