Thread: getting Failed to Initialize the Engine error while launching Orcs Must Die

getting Failed to Initialize the Engine error while launching Orcs Must Die

Recently I have downloaded demo of Orcs Must Die game in my laptop and after downloading that game I have installed in my laptop. After installing the Orcs Must Die game in my laptop It has started giving me error saying Failed to Initialize the Engine. Please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: getting Failed to Initialize the Engine error while launching Orcs Must Die

I have refereed your problem and first think I will ask you is what is your laptop specification. Does your laptop configuration matches with the requirements of the game? Because many time game does not work because system specification does not match with the requirements of the game. First check this thing.

The system requirements of the Orcs Must Die game is

• Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
    • Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core
    • RAM: 2 GB
    • GPU (graphic card): NVIDIA GeForce 6800/ATI Radeon x1950/better with 256MB VRAM
    • Direct X: DirectX 9.0c
    • Hard disk space: 5 GB

if you computer or laptop specification is not according to to above mentioned requirements then I think game might not work with your computer. If you need any more information then let me know.

Thank you for giving me quick replies. You have asked for my system specification and it is mentioned below.

I am using Asus UL50Vt laptop in which I have

Windows 7 operating system
    Intel GS45 Express Chipset
    NVIDIA GeForce G 210M
    4GB RAM.

I have done some research on the internet and I think laptop should run this game according to game requirements. what should I do to solve this problem. any help will be appreciated.

yes your laptop configuration is enough to run this game but if you see the requirements of the Orcs Must Die game there it is mentioned that system should have Direct X 9 installed and I think you are facing this problem because of the direct X. I will first suggest you that try to solve this problem by reinstalling the Direct X in your laptop.

First you have to uninstall the Direct X from your laptop and after uninstalling the Direct X from your laptop you have to restart the laptop. After restarting the laptop you have to first delete the temporary files from your laptop. Once you delete the temporary files from your laptop you have to download the Direct X from the internet and after downloading the Direct X in your laptop you have to install it. after installing the Direct X you have to try to start the Orcs Must Die game and afetr that you have to see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

I think after reinstalling the Direct X in your laptop you will be able to run the Orcs Must Die game in your laptop without facing any issues.

if you want to download the direct X from the internet then you should click below download button and after that you have to download the Direct X and then install it.

DOWNLOAD DIRECT X.

there was similar problem occurred with me also I was also getting the same message while launching the Orcs Must Die game and after that I searched on the internet for the solution and I come to know that I have to I have to update the Direct X in my computer and after that I have update the Direct X in my computer and after updating the Direct X also I was having the same problem and then I have tried to solve this problem by downloading the updated graphic drivers for my system and after that I have uninstalled the previously installed graphic drivers from my computer and then I have installed new drivers and after that when I tried to run the Orcs Must Die game at that time game worked properly. I think you should try the same and after that you have to check what the result is.

yes I will also the same many times drivers also causes this type of issues first you should try to fix this issue by reinstalling the graphic drivers in your laptop and if that doesn’t make any difference then you should get the latest drivers from the internet and after that install it in your laptop after uninstalling the old drivers. I hope this will be helpful for you.

as you have said that you are using Asus UL50Vt laptop and that is why I will help you with the latest drivers for your laptop. you can find the latest drivers for the Asus UL50Vt laptop by clicking HERE.

If you have already tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the graphic drivers from your laptop and updating the graphic drivers also then I will suggest you to check other games in your laptop whether other game is also gives you the same issue or not. if other game does not give you the same problem then I think problem is with the Demo version which you have installed in your laptop. According to me you should reinstall the Orcs Must Die demo and after that check what the result is.

I am also facing the similar problem with my laptop also. I am having core i5 2.67ghz quad core in my computer and while trying to play the game in my computer I am getting the same message.

The things which I have tried

Reinstalled the graphic drivers
    Reinstalled Direct X
    Graphic drivers are updated.

these tricks doesn’t helped me to solve this problem. what should I do to solve this issue?

Many of games on integrated graphics cards are not supported and this and I think in your case same problem thing is making issue. I don’t have technical information and main reason about why games refuses to work with integrated graphics. here I am not trying to say you that this game is not compatible with integrated graphics but there are many users who have integrated graphics in there system and getting the same error message.

when I have reinstalled the Direct X and update the Direct X in my laptop at that time also I was getting the same error message. after that I have downloaded the updated graphic drivers from the internet and after downloading the latest drivers I have installed in my laptop and then game started working.

I have the same problem and my laptop have the same configuration.( I have two graphic cards Radeon M880G and Radeon HD 5650) And I solve this problem throws unplug one card. In this case I can use only M880G(integrated card). It`s not good but it`s possible to play

P.s. sorry for my eng if it`s not good It`s not my native lang

my spec for my laptop are:
    processor: intel(r)core(tm) i7-2630QM
    CPU @2.00GHz 2.00GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 4.00gb
    system type: 64-bit operating system
    graphics card(s): mobile intel(r) HD graphics
    Radeon (tm) HD 6770M

are these good enough to play the game.
    I only got this laptop a couple of months ago
    Last edited by mad_dog99100; 20-10-2011 at 09:23 AM.