Thread: Overheating while playing the L.A. Noire game.

Overheating while playing the L.A. Noire game.

Hi friends, I am having the old 80 gig PS3 and here I am having problem with the LA Noire game in which at a point I can’t even make any progress anymore. The problem is that as I am trying to get6 the investigate, at that time console shuts off and also the light blinks red to the signal overheating. And before some time I was thinking that my PS3 was so old and for that reason I was suffering from such type of the problem but I can’t say that because I have also played so many of the other games with the same PS3 and I get never this type of the problem while playing the game. But I am having this problem only related with the LA Noire games and also even I have letting the system cool off it gives me the overheat error. Please suggest me if I can do something to get resolved my overheating problem.

Re: Overheating while playing the L.A. Noire game.

I also like to play the video games and I uses the xbox 360 fro playing the LA Noire game. For not getting such type of the problem I have already bought the two extra fans for that and bought these cooling fans that connect to the xbox to provide the proper cooling for that. And also in your case I will suggest you that Sony have also this type of the fans for the PS3. Try to get that type of the cooling fans for resolving your problem.

I have also heard about this type of the fans and I heard that they just eject more dust and plastic from the device itself into the interior of the Xbox. Is that true? Or they really gives the cooling to the system? And please if you have any idea of the cooling fans for the Sony PS3 then please suggest me back the name for that.

Here I think that this is problem related with the playing the LA Noire game not with the PS3. Overheating is caused by the LA Noire and here in this case I am saying you this thing because I was also having this type of the problem.

I don’t know the specific reason for that why this game only freezes and the complete PS3 freezes. But here I can say that the only solution during this is to hold down the power switch to turn it off. This will works a lot in your case I am sure about this thing. The same thing also happens to me, and in this case, it happens to me more than two times in the day. And here I can say that my PS3 brand original at the time when I have purchased it

For resolving the overheat problem I have searched for such type of the FANs and I get that there is noit such ty7pe of the fans for the PS3. And if they are there then only I wouldn’t like to get them afte hearing that it just pushes the dust in more. Here in your case I think that you will need to do the take care of your PS3.

In your case, I would like to say that this is an technical issue or something program or memory that is not operating with it.

Now in that cause I would like to warn you that get LA NOIRE game out from your system. I am suggesting you this thing because my PS3 died in January to system failure. This thing happens to me when I was playing the Smack down vs. RAW 2011 and the system shut off and gave me the yellow light.

According to your suggestion I have also uninstalled and re-installed the game, but after doing this all things I came to know that this all things are started happening earlier, and also I can see that game usually overheats before or during interview portions. For resolving that have also contacted with the Rockstar games, but they also don’t help me in this case.

I can say here that my Sony PS3 works fine while playing the other games like Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 , but the problem occurs only in the case of playing the LA Noire. But here I think that YLOD happened to my friend recently. And recently I have running the Fable 3 Test and with this my 360 was working, but it is not running the Fable 3, for that reason I have also uninstalled Fable 3, deleted the save data, and restarted, but still the same problem. And also We shall see if it works with LA Noire.

I am having the extra fans for the my 360, and I never het this type of the problem. And here you can’t directly say that the problem is totally due to the L.A. Noire game. So for making sure about this I will suggest you that try with the some of the cooling system with your Sony PS3 and then blame on the game.

Ok, here I came to know that this problem is not totally related with the L.A. Noire game. This is due to the my Xbox 360. I am not saying that this was totally related to the game only, I was just asking that will this caused by the game or any other thing is responsible for that? And here you all people has suggested me the excellent suggestion on this question. Thanks for taking interest on my topic.

edwardrich01 Guest

even i am facing this problem..

hello edwardrich01, have you tried with the suggestions posted above? So try with those first and et us know that if any of them was helpful to you or not so that we can give you some alternate solution for this.