Thread: Rage to be region locked

Rage to be region locked

Apparently, Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be region locked: Well, this sucks. This means, for example, cannot purchase a PC version of retail in the UK DX: HR and activate an account of the EU. Please do not tell me Bethesda is doing the same with anger and Steamworks future products?

Re: Rage to be region locked

They are Germany's approval rating. There is no real reason to do that, except the price, it would be quite annoying. But as far as I remember a type of service Steam client told me that if you bought the digital copy on Steam, the game is completely free, but the region if you bought retail and lock the game has even steam region after making meet. So I guess it depends on what you are getting. Because I have my minor L4D2 and only I can play anywhere else in Asia.

That stunt they're pulling with DX: HR isn't even in accordance with EU law. Right now I could buy UK versions at retail and activate it on an Austrian account. And I am not in the mood to buy 1) either Rage at full price 50 EUR directly from Steam to get the English client and 2) download some 30GB.

I can't buy from Steam few top games from Bethesda (It's closed by region) and some games is region depended.

1. Rage - closed by region
    2. Brink - closed by region (Several times ago Steam provide free weekend and I can't try it because I can’t download it)
    3. Fallout : New Vegas - I bought via steam but it's not international version, it's Russian version (It's contains English version and I close my eyes on Russian, but I probably can play only in my area I can't play from Paris, London etc, because region closed).

I will buy only from Steam but I can't. I will not buy from local publishers. I will play entire world wide without any restrictions and I can buy expensive international version. I am really disappointed this situation. Same trouble with Russian federation and Belarusian. I think its good solution to add to steam possibility to buy international version. Of course I can receive gift via steam from my online friends but its unnecessary trouble for me and my friends.

Is there any new information regarding the region lock? I live in Poland and I have a pre-order made on game.co.uk. Will UK version of Rage run if I have Polish Steam account? I would like to point out that there is no Rage in the Steam Store in my region.

I think ALL games (online play) should be region locked, if you have a ps3/360 in the us, you shouldn’t be able to get stuff from like the EU/JP/HK because each region has usage rights unique to each region & all codes should be unique to each region, i.e. you can’t use a NA code on a EU/uk account.

Should games be locked by country not by region? Poland, Hungary, Lithuania and many others are member states of EU just like UK. So I should be able to use the game bought in UK in my country. However, if Beth locks the game I will be left with a disc and a box but no game. For now I cannot even watch Rage trailer because Steam says it is unavailable in my region. That's why I'm asking if UK version can be played in countries like Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, and all other EU member states in which Rage is distributed by Cenega/1C.

Normally PC games aren't region locked so it's sufficient to only announce if there is indeed a region lock. Since nothing is said so far and none of Bethesda's former games are region locked I would assume that Rage won't be locked, too.