Thread: Is SLI supported on RAGE GAME?

Is SLI supported on RAGE GAME?

Hello friends, I am having a doubt as I want to play the game and want to have game on the computer and I am having the Scalable Link Interface (SLI) on it, so I was thinking that does it will support or not, does the Rage game is been supported on the SLI or not. So I want the answer or the suggestion from you people, please tell me that it is possible to have the game on the computer to play. I really want to play the game and also want to have the game to be played on the computer. Thank you.

Re: Is SLI supported on RAGE GAME?

If I bring to mind appropriately from Carmack's presentation at Quakecon, the game engine is only running one GPU for Rage. Do check online yourself though because I'm not 100% sure I remember that right.

Mostly it's the video card manufacturers themselves that do the work to get game's running on SLI via driver changes. Not many devices specifically go out of their way to support it - nor do they usually have to. I can't speak for ATI, but the current NVidia drivers do already have an SLI-compatibility profile defined for Rage. Its set to basic AFR, which is the method used for most games. Now that may just be there by default, and they haven't actually found an optimal SLI profile yet, but SLI is not set to be disabled in any case.

Well a contemporary game like Rage with possible system necessities for the HD Pack. It has got to be able to utilize Crossfire and SLI.

I should've specified that AMD and NVidia might've done their own driver support for it. Also from everything I've seen and read about the game in its current build, it doesn't seem like it would use a super beefy multi-GPU setup. Doom 4 will be more of a PC workbench; this one is more geared towards smooth play across the board, even on small specs. What I mean by that is a very beefy rig most likely exceeds what the game can throw at them to an extent that currently they would be underused. I'm not an expert on hardware or software, but after paying attention to everything Carmack has said, it's very much what I understood.

After inspection, multi-GPU sustain is in Carmack's plans for improvement to the game, as is the possibility of higher textures for PC. The game ships with neither.

Well ATI already has crossfire support for BF3 so maybe with the latest driver that will extend to Rage as well. As an Open GL game traditionally id has had support out of the box on previous titles. In a way it's good to break in both AMD and Nvidia on this less demanding title since Doom 4 is expected to be the mother of all games (graphics). 30fps tops on the worst rigs should humble most PC tweakers.

I hope so, but if you run your games at 2560x1600 on a 30" monitor, a single ATI HD5870 might not cut it. The videos I've seen so far look pretty beefy and if John Carmack designed the engine to scale that well, my hats off to his genius.

I'm an Nvidia 3D Stereoscopic Vision enthusiast and it added a 3D profile for RAGE. We shall see in 2 days if its 3D ready under performance if so (games like The Witcher 2... Bad Company 2 etc are 3D ready and newer the game look incredible, but even games under Good still look amazing, 3D Ready, Excellent, Great, Good... some Fair games, but Poor is too much tweaking and won’t run at 100% intensity without issues so Ignore those titles in 3D. Hell I even play QUAKE LIVE in 3D ha-ha, love they added Nvidia 3D support for QL... I get rid of the in game crosshair and use the Nvidia control panel 3D crosshair.