Thread: Multiplayer head on head match in RAGE

Multiplayer head on head match in RAGE

What you guys thoughts about Multiplayer matches in new RAGE? RAGE really needs to have a competitive game type other than vehicles. Such as death match head on head. This decision will break thousands of people’s decision on whether or not they purchase the game.

Re: Multiplayer head on head match in RAGE

The fact that people are not getting this game because there’s no "real" multiplayer is their problem. It’s mainly a single player game, and I think the multiplayer suits the game, besides there’s CO-OP.

Borderlands didn't have death match (well duels? But only if you were in a party with 'em). And it did fine. Co-Op is all I need. I'd take only single player over co-op too! Ever notice that single player games generally have better graphics then multiplayer. Like in halo or COD. The single player graphics were better than multiplayer. Plus multiplayer just wastes disc space that can be taken by more story or more weapons and etc.

This games appeal is in the single-player experience for the most part, and that's the reason I'm buying it. It does not need "death match head on head", and besides, complaining about this now when the game is about two weeks away from release is pretty pointless.

I still doubt that there’s no DM or any kind of normal fragging MP element implemented because its and ID soft game. But if any case they didn’t make it in the retail we will get our hands on the IDstudio and have MP mods out pretty early, at least on parts of the SP maps which are suitable for it. Take it easy guys.

I agree. To be honest, lately I've been turned off by most multiplayer games, mainly due to the immature communities. As per me it’s not worth playing multiplayer in most games because (mostly, but not all the time) the younger kids ruin my experience. Its just kids these days have no respect for anyone but themselves, and proof -> read any game sites, there should be ample evidence of this there. It’s going to have great campaign and Co-op is a good choice for the type of game. Regardless i will love it but you have to focus on what the other half of the Community wants. Half love campaign half love multiplayer. If anything this game could do that.

I stopped playing shooter because they all started bleeding into one as far as gameplay and multiplayer. This game at least is trying something different. Hopefully that will also keep the 8 kids away, their voice on chat is like nails on a chalkboard and they curse worse than anything I've ever heard before. I say back if you really think you are that much better at the game stop dropping the f-bomb and start giving tactical instructions. Screaming "you guys wedge" in between drinking from your cup does not help the situation.