Thread: RAGE System Requirements

RAGE System Requirements

Anyone know the system requirement for RAGE game? I was trying to search for this because I don’t know this will run in my system. So I just get some Confirmed system requirements for this game:

Minimum required:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or Equivalent AMD
    Video Card: GeForce 8800, Radeon HD 4200
    Memory: 2GB
    Hard Disk Space: 25GB

Actual Required:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or Equivalent AMD
    Video Card: GeForce 9800 GTX, Radeon HD 5550
    Memory: 4GB
    Hard Disk Space: 25GB

Re: RAGE System Requirements

I just want to know that, will RAGE run on my system? As Crysis 2 runs on Extreme with 50+ FPS and BFBC2 runs on highest settings.

Phenom X4: 2.6 Ghz quad core
    RAM: 4 GB
    Card: Radeon 4870 512 mb 256 bit

Please answer me because I am in hesitation to purchasing new PC shortly, or even sooner to get ready for Rage.

Well, have not set your CPU or resolution, but through the performance you'll get out of the games you stated and 4870, you should be well for all 60fps in the mid-high settings, I would not suggest a new PC until you have distinct your present CPU and resolution generally play, but a GPU upgrade will certainly give you superior performance at a price much cheaper than a new PC.

CPU is not the best so I'll check my previous observation of how the game will run on your system, 60 frames per second on medium settings, only a prediction, but if you are an enthusiastic player then perhaps the time for an update is near. I'm sure it's good enough to have the same graphics as the war was COD Modern and graphic as the best game of their year. Anyway I do not think I'll get this game if there is not even a 1% chance it will not work on my laptop.

I pre-ordered Rage and I'm curious about what sort of frame rate I might expect. I think it will be important to have at least a few settings maxed, such as Anisotropic Filtering, Draw Distance, shadow quality, blur quality, etc., but I can live with others reduced, such as 4 x AA and reduced water settings. I imagine the game will at least be playable (25fps+), but after watching Carmack's 90 minute keynote presentation and reading a few interviews about mega textures, I'm still a bit about confused about the engine. I understand the devs incorporated a lot of optimizations in order to get to 60fps for consoles. Should I expect to get 60fps on my laptop? Am I likely to get closer to 30fps or 60fps?

The Phenom II X4 955 is really nothing special. I agree in regards to his GPU though, while the 4850 gets the job done now with mid-high settings, the 6950 or 6970 will secure him with higher quality gaming now and into the near future (obviously), there are also many Nvidia GPUs on an equal level, but an upgrade is not essential now unless he wants this higher quality and is willing to pay for it.

Since most Xbox games do not run at 60fps, on lower settings I should get a higher framerate than most other 2010-2011 games with my laptop, but the higher settings are scaled to make better use of PC hardware, so it will be about the same as high settings for most other recent games?

Well for the hardware that can run RAGE it is a very visually impressive game despite this high framerate, even with not the greatest hardware playing on low settings you'll still likely be amazed at how beautiful the game looks, from what I've seen anyway. With your system you'll probably get that 60fps at medium settings though.

My PC spec:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus Crosshair II
    4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 RAM @ 1066 MHz
    Asus GTX 470 @ stock clocks (608MHz GPU, 837MHz (3.3GHz, effective) RAM & 1215MHz shaders)
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 primary HDD
    Enermax Liberty 650w PSU
    Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Editon soundcard
    Primary screen resolution is 1440 x 900

Am I likely to be able to run at decent enough settings? I believe Mafia 2 (the newest game I have sorry) runs around 40 FPS at high settings and medium PhysX. That brings me to my other question. Will Rage support PhysX? I have an XFX GTX 260 XXX (192 core), an XFX GTX 285 Black Edition & a lowly BFG 8800GTS OC 640MB left over after upgrades that I can add to my setup to run as a dedicated PhysX processor if it does support it.

I think you'll get 60fps at high settings with RAGE, I don't think it will be quite as demanding as Mafia 2. I'm pretty certain RAGE doesn't support PhysX since Carmack doesn't like it or something.

Before you upgrade anything else I suggest you get a better monitor, higher resolution at least because you’re not using that cards full potential, it’s kind of a waste to be honest. My step bro nearly killed me for plugging in a 17inch 1600xXXXX LCD to my 580's. It’s just a complete waste of money having a high end video card but not a good monitor.