Thread: When do we get Steam preload of RAGE

When do we get Steam preload of RAGE

Anyone have any idea about pre-load? Any idea when we get it? I get like 1.1 MB per-second and it will be elongated for me to download 25 GBs. So please if anyone has any idea about this than provide me.

Re: When do we get Steam preload of RAGE

Probably a couple of days before release like most games. Maybe two-three days before at most. I even would expect pre-loading to start in the next day or two. Also, there is a report over on the Steam for rage that Bethesda PR guy Pete Hines tweeted that Rage will be unlocked at midnight EST on Steam (as opposed to midnight PST). I find that hard to believe and Steam still points to a midnight PST unlock, but we'll see.

Direc2Drive has started preloading for Rage, so Steam is probably just a short time away on that as well.

Getting a little nervous, I am trying to preload Steam at 12:30am PST and the servers are still busy, if this continues for the entire weekend, going to perhaps refund this order and go with a B&M. Tried at 4am PST and every couple of hours since, this is getting very frustrating. This is a huge issue with me getting a AAA game again on Steam. I tried about 20 different servers including ones from other countries and I get the exact same "Server Busy, try again in a few hours". Should have just kept my Amazon order!

A number of people have reported that the download region doesn't make any difference. There is not really anything we can do other than keep checking back every few hours. You can also click here to set up a Steam Support account and open a ticket, however, I would imagine by the time they can respond this issue will already have been resolved.

That's the downside of steam vs. proprietary FTP or HTTP servers for stuff. I will have to wait longer for retail release since its 7 October in Europe but I don't really mind. I can wait. Since ID STUDIO will take some time to get up steam so i won't lose any time anyways. I'm done with it, sent in a ticket to get a refund on STEAM. The lack of communication to their customers is irresponsible and arrogant. I will never buy an AAA title from Steam again until they fix their process. Games will only get bigger too. I am going to get a copy at a B&M and call it a day. Hope you guys have better luck than I did. Comcast will be at me, went past my monthly quota of 250GB for September by 50GB.

Today the entire day the preload hasn't worked for me anyone else got their download to work?

From what I'm reading elsewhere, it sounds like Steam is intentionally limiting how many resources are available for pre-loading of Rage. It's probably because the file is so large. Doesn’t' help the Steam is doing one of their "free weekends" with a few games. But don't forget D2D is offering preloading as well, which I believe is separate from Steam (usually with D2D Steamworks games you don't access Steam until launch, similar to what would happen if you had a physical disk copy right now). Either way, I'm likely going the physical copy route myself.