Thread: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive should have 8 Vs 8

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive should have 8 Vs 8

This is one traffic game I have saw the gameplay as was impressed very much by this game I already order my copy but one thing is bugging me about this game is the 5 Vs 5 player are available in console which is too restrictive if it was 8 Vs 8 then it would be even fine I believe that everyone here can understand what I want to say here so guys support this I would be really appreciating any reply from you guys

Thanks in advance

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive should have 8 Vs 8

Well you get only 5 on 5 the game is fair for 5 vs 5. How can you remark on the game being so restrictive without playing it up till now? If you desire more, get the PC-version

That may be true but still it's many more fun with additional players... I have a feeling casual mode will be open to more players than the 5vs 5 of competitive mode. 5 on 5 are not almost sufficient players. 6 8 per team must be the complete minimum in a game in this day of gaming. Also bring back the protect for the CTs and perhaps some sort of car door to act as a shield for the Ts I known Valve must have their motive to why its 5v5 and not more.

I think valve did this because above 5 vs 5 turns into spam, the entire point is to contain a high skill individually even as working as a team. So that way its not having the player more than 5

Quote Originally Posted by AlisaDsa View Post
    I think valve did this because above 5 vs 5 turns into spam, the entire point is to contain a high skill individually even as working as a team. So that way its not having the player more than 5
    I totally agree with you here regarding having plenty of players on server turn into a spam feast. I stopped up playing CS on many servers while servers were reaching 16 vs 16 or more players, way too much people and the game become a team death match.

But 6 v 6 would be wonderful if not to many players and still showing players with skill off.

They are really giving players the axis console here. Have already shown that at least could do 8 vs. 8 in Counter-Strike for the original Xbox to a dedicated server Xbox, why are we short cut now?. Also, being a Counter-Strike player from the beginning who thought 5 vs. 5 should be mandatory, should be out of their minds!. Because what always made the best shot Counter-Strike in my opinion was falling into a server of 32 players in the game. I actually feel like you're in the middle of a war zone. Moreover, not all are members of the clan 5 vs. 5 die hard, nor that we all want to follow our game with limited amount of players that either. I really hope they reconsider what they are doing with the console versions otherwise Counter-Strike will stay in the background fast! Again. Be a game of pc, which is obviously the main priority platform will focus on which is understandable . But if they can offer decent console ports and will fail as they did with Counter-Strike on the original Xbox, which was a shame for the PC version. Could, and now that lie ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyi7 View Post
    I totally agree with you here regarding having plenty of players on server turn into a spam feast. I stopped up playing CS on many servers while servers were reaching 16 vs 16 or more players, way too much people and the game become a team death match.

But 6 v 6 would be wonderful if not to many players and still showing players with skill off.
    What I forget to talk about is that Counter-Strike isn't regarding war, the game is about terrorist, counter terrorism Special units typically work in small teams while trying to rescue hostages and terrorist function in small groups when attacking areas and people. I believe valve are trying to describe this.

16vs16 is perhaps silly to you however to the extent that i can remember back when i played Counter-Strike on a pc just concerning every server was a 32 player server at the time and it was actually only consider crazy with 64 player servers coming onto the scene plus if no one takes a superior player count seriously, than a advanced player count should be considered for casual matches, particularly since they are taking a short cut and shafting console gamers with no custom match alternative

This would have prolonged the life of the game

5 vs 5 is just moreover little to have some fun on. 12 vs 12 was fine on most maps in CSS.

By means of 5 v 5 you require less skill to stay alive as the odds of you come across all 5 is much lesser than encounter 5 people in a 12 vs 12 round.

I’d expect the modders put back 12 vs 12 or upper as I by no means played anything with less than that.

Frankly it unimportant what any exacting person thinks is the best possible number of players per team. A advanced player count should be an option as long as there is no technical reason preventing it. Some players prefer small servers and some prefer large. Personally, I find 5v5 rather boring and it really doesn't work unless the team is working jointly well which rarely happens unless it’s a prepared game. I'd put my optimum at 10-12 players per team for a usual game, although it can be enjoyable now and then to jump in a larger server.

When I use to play Counter-Strike on the PC almost all servers are set to 32 players and never less than 24 players. 5v5 at the time by playing only clan members who never deviates from, but it was close. I use to watch their games on HDTV, but apart from that not everyone is a serious 5v5 die hard enthusiast Counter-Strike. And with more players the game was always much more fun than I'm saying, luckily for pc / mac players will have the option to match the tradition. I am sure that ordinary servers will always be more than 5v5 (unless it is a private clan game of some sort), which could ensure that the valve does not also incorporate the option to call as both PS3 and Xbox 360 is completely absurd and really should reconsider execution