Thread: Can’t find people to play in A Game of Thrones: Genesis Multiplayer

Can’t find people to play in A Game of Thrones: Genesis Multiplayer

It just keeps searching either in House v House or ranked. I am using Steam. Anyone else have the same problem with multiplayer? Anyone have any idea about this or have any solution for this? If I am doing something wrong could someone let me know?

Re: Can’t find people to play in A Game of Thrones: Genesis Multiplayer

I am getting real sick of the few people who are attacking me telling me that just because I don't like the game doesn't mean it's broken. The fact is, they lied about this game. It's not even Westeros, it’s not AsoIaF. It is a crappy game loosely based on AsoIaF. Multiplayer doesn't work at all and there are obviously people trying to play the game that cannot, but tech support has you go through all this junk checking you internet connect etc. If every other game we have on steam works fine, but this one doesn't the problem is on your end. Its fine if Cyanide doesn't have a resolution as of yet but don't insult your customer's intelligence by blaming our collective internet connections.

That's the biggest let down of all. The game had so much potential because it set in a grand and epic world. I paid 40 buckarooos for this game, so I'll grind it out to see if I can finish it. If not, I'll take this as a 40 dollar lesson. But I will tell you one thing, the next time I see a game from Cyanide, I will be especially weary on pulling the trigger.

Obviously this is not a game problem. The problem came from:
    • Horrible marketing and 0 advertisements
    • No pre-release info.

Because of these very few people bought the game in release. I have no bloody idea what the marketing department was thinking, were they expecting to just get sales because it has "game of thrones" in its title. I haven’t seen a single advertisement for this game in any site and without advertisements you don’t sell a lot at the beginning and if you don’t sell a lot in the beginning more people will come but some will leave because they can’t find players therefore leaving the game with very little population.

If you’re having connection problems make sure to forward port 26962 on your router / firewall. Get involved to find people; I've been playing all day and its great fun. Ranked games are few but it's probably because the game has a high learning curve so people are still learning to play. Just everyone chill and enjoy, if not move on it's not the dev's problem you don't like it, nobody forced you to buy the game.

I would probably say it's a lack of players. Let's say from a potential 1000 buyers with proper marketing you instead get 100. Out of those 100 potential buyers half hold off because of the lack of gameplay information to see what the game is like 40 people of those 50 left played the game, hated it, wrote their impressions, scared off the other 50, and stopped playing the game. That leaves the game with 10 players left playing it. Or if now for some magical reason my example was correct, about 1% from the original potential buyers has bought and still plays the game.

If you are having connection issues make sure you try disabling your firewalls. Note that not seeing games does not able to connect. Try hosting a game or joining the steam group and asking people if they want to play. You can also be directly invited into games.