Thread: What are the good and bad features of Rugby Challenge Game

What are the good and bad features of Rugby Challenge Game

I have just came across this game called "Rugby Challenge Game" and i just wanted to know from you all that which are the core areas you are basically satisfied with and the core areas you are not satisfied and what are the changes that can make this game more better.Any suggestion regarding 5this will be appreciated.

Re: What are the good and bad features of Rugby Challenge Game

What i have found by now is that the graphics and the presentation of this game is very much better that any Rugby game i have came across yet and i am just loving it but the commentary is very disappointing it is just a lack of emotion,I just don't want to hear the history of the player and the stadium,I really find it pointless.They should talk about the game as that of in fifa.They just need some new script and the commentator which can add some emotion to what the say rather than chit chatting about the history.

The game play has been the main core area of letting the game down.I have found that the gameplay has scored the lowest with the with IGN's review.The others mechanics that have let down the game are as followed:
    • Rucks
    • Scrums
    • Line outs
    • Mauls
    • Passing/offloads

and this problem are not at all glitches they are just mechanical issues that are caused because of the poor decision making in in order to relate the mechanic that is used by the player.

Yes the the rucks appear to be appalling and they are just not appearing like the actual rucks that are required in Rugby Challenge and at some instance you will have to dump the team in to the rucks where it is not based on the real life factors rather the are based on the team that pushes harder.They should be actually based on the speed of the support play and the player should bridge over the ruck in order to secure the ball from the opposition .I think that the support play here should be the chief catalyst in order to determine whether the user wins or looses the ruck.

They need to totally overhaul the rucking system because the current rucking system is just based on the speed of support play and the rucks don't even look like scrums.I think that they need to make them appear legitimate having some good real animations as well and they even need to improve their bridging mechanic.I have also found a odd occasion where the halfback are not able to pass the ball out.The halfback should be able to control the break down but i am not finding the same in this game so there should be option for forward pick and drive as well.

I really agree that the need to overhaul it completely because i have found that there is no resemblance with the real life scrums and the scrums in this game.They need a hooking mechanic as well as Scrummaging ability which should be against the head and should be based in the teams real life attribute because i have found that the scrums here just collapse after they travel 10 meters backwards and if they will add a Button mashing then it will really be a great fun as well.

I think that the button mashing can work in a scrum as it is based on strength because i have found other games using the button mashing in order to represent the strength just for e.g Olympic games franchise use button mashing for weightlifting events.I have also heard that the the scrum in rwc are even better and i think it is irrelevant to compare the strength needed for the scrums to that of t5he strength needed for rucks because in rucks it is to be a team work no matter it is the turnover or securing the ball.

I just disagree to what you are saying about the rucks because i have been playing rugby game since a long time and i have found that this is the best one i have ever came across.Just go through the manual and you will really find good tips and a no of strategy in the ruck as well.There is a lot of variation in the ruck and they might differ with the different teams you choose to play.I think the people who are very well able to understand the ruck of this game will live to play and the people who don't understand it will be complaining like this.

Even i don't agree for what he has said about the rucks.I think that what you are expecting regarding the realism and the complexity is terrible because it is a video game and i think as long as the the ruck will have the element of strategy and thinking than it will be very fine i really don't understand why people are having problem with this part of the game.

The reason why the above people are not agreed to you because you have been just comparing the game with the actual rugby game you see so it is very necessary to understand that there is always some difference in the real life gaming and the video gaming and it is not that easy to program it like what you actually see.

Yes even i think that you are expecting this game to be accurate as Fifa or say a Madden.I will like to inform you that the Sidhe would have made this game with a 1/10 budget of the fifa.I think you should understand that the Sidhe were working with a very less budget and still they are able to provide these great features.