Thread: First impression of A Game of Thrones: Genesis

First impression of A Game of Thrones: Genesis

The settings aren't in-depth at all (there’s a weird mouse acceleration thing going on and you can’t change it. I am extremely used to the sensitivity that my mouse is set on, but the game changes it for some reason, making it hard to click) and you can’t turn down different parts of the graphics, etc. the lack of hotkeys is kind of a turn off and makes the game even slower and clunkier than it already is. The mini map is extremely small and you literally have to squint and stare at it to see where the enemies red dots are. It is hard to keep track of where your units are, because of the bad control group set up.

Re: First impression of A Game of Thrones: Genesis

That's pretty unfortunate. I was really looking forward to this game and couldn't wait to buy it, however I've been working long days lately and haven't had a chance to buy and download it. After reading all the feedback, I've decided not to buy it any time soon, and put my $40 dollars toward something else. I'm really disappointed after hearing all of these negative reviews, because I really wanted to play a game that was centered around the houses of Westeros. I guess this won’t be the one. I hear this same company is putting together an RPG for Game of Thrones as well, and I'm beginning to worry that they really don't care about the gameplay at all and just want to profit from the recent attention and success the Game of Thrones TV series has been getting.

Don't know why I bought it in the first place I had a good feeling it was going to be horrible. You can’t even change the game type in house v. house. There are no options, no hot keys and you can’t even control attach armies to numbers. It’s like these devs have never played a strategy game before.

Game looks very good, I had 0 problems with my mouse, it works totally find and haven’t seen a change, maybe it’s your graphic options being too high and lagging everything? Hotkeys are a bad thing i agree, it would have been far easier to have hotkeys for all production units since you have to pay attention in the map if you don’t want to lose track of what is going on and pressing 3 hotkeys in 1 second is far better than wasting 2-3 seconds clicking. The graphics look fine and units are visible, i agree that they could have had slightly more intense colors and bigger more recognizable banners to be more helpful but that’s it.

The gameplay is absolutely awesome and well designed, this is not a generic crap rts where the only thing you do is memorize 1-3 build orders and then the game is just about clickfest/spamfest. Sc2 is a great example of such rts since at a competitive level there is no strategy or deception, it’s just obvious overly effective build orders with people spamming and clicking all the time since that’s the only thing they need to win making competitive replays overly boring and predictable since it’s all about who micros better or does the less mistakes.

I have only played 2 rts games that i would say they are WORTH buying, First one was R.U.S.E., a game were deception and strategies were actually important and gameplay was innovative and interesting with many options, and the second is this game, the simple fact that gameplay was amazing options, different build orders is simply making it worth buying ONLY because it has good gameplay, good strategy gameplay. It’s still too early to see any big amazing strategies but soon metagame will change and people will actually learn how to play this game.

If you're a professional company making a video game to sell to the masses, then you should have your grammar correct. I actually think opposite of you, I think if they don't put any effort into taking care of simple things such as grammar, why would they put much effort into the even harder things?

At a time when the morale of a dozen fake diamonds, true virtue is a blessing in the sky. Often, we put our moral false petals on a stool as a group of pre-virgins, but all look to be taking somewhat very precious for granite. So I ask the mustard as firm as you can, because it's a doggy world out there. Even though there is a few value to what you are saying looks to have a big boat on the shoulder. In his argument appears to throw the whole thing in Nsync but children, and even if you are having a day with this feeling I'm here to bring you back to reality. I have a feeling ill when it comes to this sort of thing.

It all comes down to what you believe is important, society says it’s quite important to have flawless grammar in a professionally created game, I see no reason for such thing since it doesn’t enhance the game experience unless it’s so bad you can’t understand what it says but since the mistakes are usually obvious there is no problem. I am not going to care about what society says is good. I care about the game experience more than that. The only other real reason grammar is bad is because brainwashed reviewers or just professional reviewers will use that opportunity to write horrible reviews and attack a game. That wouldn't be a problem if people weren’t brainwashed from kids and believe that grammar is important in professional jobs. But we don’t live in an ideal world so it’s understandable why you see things that way; I see things from another perspective of how it would work if the world wasn’t so horrible XD.

Knowing how to use your units having the skill to use them etc yes it’s a skill but not strategy, I didn’t mean to say that sc2 is a skills game; it requires a lot of skill but not strategy and thinking skill which isn’t fit for a game that uses the term rts.

I haven’t played that many like ruse/genesis but what are you talking about. Artileries were one of the worst non-effective units in the game, you can’t win a competitive match with them and i was in the top 1/2/3 for a long time so i know. Only faction that could use artillery a lot and have a good result is France due to cheap arty but again you needed to combine many units to make them effective. Arties were never effective expect from some people in the beginning that didn’t know how to counter things at a competitive level.

In my opinion the game was not rushed; I haven’t seen anything bad with it. Marketing was a problem and got no idea why they had 0 marketing still though the mechanics are too good to say it’s a bad game and believe it’s worth support because simply it’s good.