Thread: Nuclear Dawn Game low Performance in Mac when many indicators are drawn on screen

Nuclear Dawn Game low Performance in Mac when many indicators are drawn on screen

This issue doesn't seem to alter my Windows installs, simply the Mac ones. In the midst of the maps (for example Hydro or Clocktower) when a large number of pointers for focuses and players (the spots and shafts) are drawn on screen, performance slows. This is a well known event; it did not happen past to the release with the beta. I am not sure if any individual else has encountered this that is utilizing a Mac. Altering settings make a point not to appear to accommodate this either, I have headed off from quite elevated to exceptionally level. I wasn't certain in the event that I would be able to test this by turning off all pointers, but all that appears to be the reason of that issue

• 2 affected Mac installs:
    • Mac Mini Core2Duo with a 320m
    • iMac i3 with a 5700HD

Re: Nuclear Dawn Game low Performance in Mac when many indicators are drawn on screen

Turn off Vsync and easier shaders (Mac's don't appear to handle vsync well) There's a few different things you are able to mess with that might change it. It will alter the drawing of the markers. Additionally, the game won’t accidents when you update settings. They are connected following with a restart.

Re: Nuclear Dawn Game low Performance in Mac when many indicators are drawn on screen

You’ll need to be in a full (or near) full server to decently test it. What happens in fact shows up additional to be CPU slack as sound slices out moreover to a slithering framerate. This positively seems to happen just on OASIS, HYDRO and CLOCKTOWER.

Final morning I was playing, had 30 ping in a server with 25+ folks, and was having regarding a 15fps framerate when ordinarily I play with an exceptional edge rate (max texture, max movement or whatever, easy shader, MacBook Air 1.8Ghz i7 double core, 4GB RAM, 384MB VRAM). All I did was drop the texture to medium (with the second still on high, and shaders unfailingly on flat) and my fps in a split second hopped once again above the 30fps stamp. In the event that you play on max settings, attempt dropping simply one of them down a score.