Thread: Which House is Best in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Which House is Best in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Which House do you think has the best special unit or bonus? Which House will you be playing?

Targaryen: The Raven can fly over any part of the West, and locate enemy stealth units. It will fly over the area have been ordered to observe a minute before returning to his castle. This unit cannot be attacked, but it can strike anyone.
    Stark: The direwolf is the secrecy of the Stark. This giant wolf can assume the role bodyguards to protect any drive. His strong sense of smell helps detect any enemy unit within range of stealth, allowing you to offset the murderers or spies.

And lots more houses are there. So which one you choose to play?

Re: Which House is Best in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

I was surprised there was no Greyjoy also. They certainly have a greater point of difference to the other families than most and thus better placed to increase variability of gameplay.

It looks pretty balanced (which is a good thing) so it’s a tough choice. For some reason I find myself leaning towards the Tyrells; masters should be useful. Especially if some sort of experience/renown mechanic would be incorporated; famed knights, battle hardened troops. Who wouldn’t try and keep those alive. The house bonus strikes me as a good balance between diplomacy/military. I don't see why the other houses don't have access to masters though, when did the Citadel get so picky.

Before the Conquest, Harren the Black hold the whole river lands, and was at war with Argilac. During this time (the so-called genesis!), the Ironborn controlled a mighty realm. However, I find most of the information given on the website really exciting. I would probably like to play Tully, simply because they field better mounted units (and the singer seems quite funny to use)!

That's right there's no Greyjoy but to be fair to the game, in the books they don't have many influence on the realms politics and diplomacy (I know, I know, but it's only because they benefited of the good "window"), I think we can also say that regarding diplomacy they are quite basic. And more than that, their territory is only the iron islands, and their fighters are more raiders and pirates than "usual" warriors and knights. Do not send me to the wall, Greyjoy is my favorite House in the card game, but I think those 8 houses are a great choice for the game.

I would like to play with the Martells because it's my favorite house, but I don't like its special unit, come on, mounted archers? I mean, Dorne is famous for fighting with long spears, not with bows

I tend to like factions that are far away from other factions to begin the game, so I think Martell or Stark will be a safe choice; however the Lannisters seem to have some nice advantages. I am a stark fan from the books, but with the wall being marked i wonder if the game will not have some mention of "others" or some type of attack from beyond to wall to make the Starks worry about their norther flank. Barathon, Arryn, and Targ all seem about equal and the Tyrells should be a very strong house if numbers are based on the books.