Thread: Possibilities of a "Free Cities" expansion in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Possibilities of a "Free Cities" expansion in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Anyone heard about this? Don’t know this is true or not but I just heard about this and got some cities which possibly expand. Here is the list of cities:
    • Braavos
    • Lorath
    • Norvos
    • Pentos
    • Qohor
    • Myr
    • Tyrosh
    • Lys
    • Volantis

Re: Possibilities of a "Free Cities" expansion in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Nice, but would it be a separate map with different factions, or a combined map with the extra factions? That would make 16 factions in total, I think the difficulty would be balancing them and making them all unique enough. 'Warlords Battle cry 3' springs to mind, they had loads of races to play, but you got the feeling they run out of ideas.

Technically but some of the houses we have don't actually have a comprehensive family tree and are probably going to have some made up names to fill out the numbers. All the free cities were existing at the time of Valyria's empire. So yes historically they make sense and each has something of a back story to it.

Location of the capital are all on the map, lords can be made up (especially since Martin himself is helping with the game) and as for special unit each city has that potential: Braavosi faceless men, Astapor Unsullied, Norvos's bearded warrior priests any that don't I imagine the game creators could happily come up with something in the same way they have with factions like the Tyrell's who have seemingly random special units. If they added Greyjoy and the Dothraki it'd be possible to have Dothraki bloodriders as a special unit and Ironborn Reavers.

Technically I think some of these cities would be decent factions but frankly I think it'd just be worthwhile to conquer ALL the lands in the books, perhaps add Greyjoy as a playable house.