Thread: Doubt about some minor characters place in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Doubt about some minor characters place in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

I have seen a lot of people saying the Cleganes and various other people. I doubt that they'll be in the game at all. It would probably take too long to program and weigh too heavily in the Lannisters favor if all the minor characters were used. I personally think you'll get to be the head of the house and then the sons, daughters, family members you have will be auto populated names so you'll have people called "John Lannister" or "Mary Stark" etc. I would love to be proven wrong, but I can't imagine that they've had the time or the inclination to render the 100s of characters from the books. So what’s your thought on this?

Re: Doubt about some minor characters place in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

I think that certain houses will make more use of certain names more often. Stark will likely have tons of Brandons running around etc. On the minor character note, there are a few that's on par with the mountain and the hound. Greatjon Umber for example. Bronze Yohn Royce, I think is pretty darn big, along with a few others.

It'll be interesting to know if the "natural" children are called "snow" "waters" etc. You make a good point about Bronze and the Greatjon but I don’t think either are as feared as the Mountain are they? It will probably be the main characters already mentioned on the site, then some of the other major houses will have the real Lords, but I'd be really (pleasantly) surprised if the black fish and people like that are on it. Otherwise I would spend most of the game not actually trying to win, I'd just go Frey hunting and kill them all, and there are about 200 of them so it would be a good game on its own.

Some of the steam achievements have minor characters, like one is for Beric Dondarrion hopefully that's a clue that some of them will be in the game. If you go to the steam page you can see a few of the others.

Of course they are not. The Mountain is hinted to be 2nd to none in size and strength. He's feared more since he's basically a man without any sort of regard for life. Nothing short of a brutal mass murderer, with apparently license to kill. Bronze Yohn have had to remain at least the most parts of the past 17 or so years in the vale. Not much to do there to earn fear. The Greatjon was loyal as few and doubtfully wouldn't lower himself to senseless man slaughter. For these reasons, yes, The Mountain is more feared. Unfortunately they are never put all 3 in a fighting pit and see who steps out.

Actually I just reread the books in order to properly appreciate "Dance" and I'm pretty sure that Bronze and the Greatjon were of a similar size to Sandor and Gregor stood alone towering over everyone by far.