Thread: A Game of Thrones: Genesis similar to which game

A Game of Thrones: Genesis similar to which game

Medieval Total War 2, possibly, I have played that extensively. King Arthur. I am just wondering what to expect, but sure to buy the game either way. So what you guys thoughts about the similarity. What’s your guesses about this game?

Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis similar to which game

From what I understand, the game is not like traditional PC genres and cannot be considered to be similar to any other PC game. I find myself slightly cynical about that as I believe there is little that is new in PC gaming, however hats off to the developers if they have actually achieved this. If somebody asked, "Of all PC games, which is AGOT-G's closest neighbor?" then like you, I would have to guess at Total War, but I really am hoping that they will surprise us with something genuinely new. Indeed. "It will be turn based" wasn't what I meant when I said that I thought Total War might be its nearest neighbour - more a mix of combat with "non-combat" (diplomacy, espionage, etc) across a large map where you have towns and fortifications. Nobody is saying that is is total war, we're just trying to get a picture of something that we can relate the game to, and as I said in my previous post, maybe they have indeed come up with something that is like no other PC game ever. I'll be delighted if so.

What I have seen from the pictures it looks nothing like a Total War game and I thought it’s been said already that this isn’t going to be a turn based game. Just from the pictures alone, which is all I can base it off of since the site hasn’t been updated in about 3 weeks, I would say it will be like LOTR: BFME series.

It would have been awesome if the game would have been similar to crusader kings, or EU Rome. But I don’t think that is the way of things. It will be a big disappointment if the game is without controllable heroes or characters. Another game that comes to mind is KOEI's Romance of the Three Kingdoms. If you like complex character based strategy, you must give ROTK a shot.

Might this game be like Seven Kingdoms? It's an old classic from 1997 and very different from the RTS games at the time. And of course that would be very fitting for the name. The screens look like one could scroll all over the world like in 7K. And i remember in 7K there was a great emphasis on all the different towns, on conquest, on trade, espionage, different units for all factions and mercenaries.. I believe there were even dragons in that game. When i think about it, maybe Ice and Fire actually inspired the 7K developers. It's a pity there is so little information released about the actual gameplay of Genesis.

When I first saw Genesis, I thought it looked rather silly, and that it was going to be a mediocre adaptation, at best - And now, after looking at it more closely, Genesis sounds a whole lot like the successful board game made by Fantasy Flight Games.

Based on the screenshots, this game looks a lot like Kohan and Kohan II - And if you remember those rad titles, thinks of how they managed cities, armies, and resources. Cities were relatively the same scale as the overall map, as were the representations of resources. The armies, or companies, were not in scale with the cities or the rest of the map. They were made larger, likely for aesthetic reasons, but the larger sprites allowed players to see the labors of their art team. At the same time, Kohan had no level of court intrigue or much in terms of diplomacy. In fact, Kohan was simply a war-game - While Genesis seems to be placing emphasis on other ways to victory aside from conquest.

Looks like basic settlers combat in unit and hp, a element of battle for middle earth for special features such as dragons, more toned down total war for campaign map and diplomacy (might actually have more diplomatic options then TW), the actual fighting looks like it’s going to be age of empires like because there’s only a small about of units which look to be pretty basic character models close up, so I can imagine the fighting its self being simplistic.