Thread: Which houses you will give your alliance in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Which houses you will give your alliance in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

So Who Will you make Alliance with? Have you thought which houses you will give your alliance in multiplayer? Tell me which house you are planning on playing and your chosen allies! I will play as Arryn, and seen my alligance to House of Baratheon and House of Stark.

Re: Which houses you will give your alliance in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

I will experiment with all of them, but I'll probably end up settling on House Martell unless I find them to be completely unplayable for some reason. I used to play the AGoT CCG competitively, and played Martell in that. As for whom I'll ally with? Whoever helps me kill Gregor Clegane! Seriously though, I'd imagine that there won't really be any specific reasons to all along the lines of the books, so I'll just play it as it comes. I guess allying with House Targaryen would be true to the source material though.

I want to play as house Lannister for few reasons:

1. Jaime Lannister is supposedly the ruler of the house and as of book 2 onwards he's one of the best characters in it.
    2. If they chose to allow minor lords and knights there's little arguing with Sandor Clegane, Ser Gregor Clegane or Ser Ilyn Payne.

I would attempt to ally with house Tyrell at the reach, Stark in the North and the Tully's at Riverrun. As they are closer to me and may provide me some degree of protection from my enemies. I also hope to finish off the dragons as quickly as i can and to do that i think i will need to play the Tyrell's against Dorne. What happens to you when Dorne allied to the Targaryen's and Baratheons declare war on Highgarden who bring in the Tullies/Lannisters/Starks/Arryn's.

I don't think that the character shown is representative of the leader of that house - Maybe in multiplayer. Since the scenarios span from the early years of Westeros to present, I imagine it would have a multitude of leaders.

Well as you can tell I'll be playing as House Tully, the Blackfish has been my favorite character in the book. However, Tully will be in one of the most difficult situations. Lannister to the west, Stark to the north, and Arryn to the east. That doesn't even count in Targaryen or to the southeast. I'll most likely be wheeling and dealing in multiplayer but instead of perhaps looking at the houses themselves I'll try and gauge the players behind those houses. Granted I'll have to wait and see how multiplayer is like first. Only if the guy playing as the Arryn's wants to knock the Targaryen’s out early somehow. I feel like they'll be the most difficult to remove. To deal with a Lannister player I'll have a Frey wed one of them that always works very well. I know Frey's aren't a playable faction but I do wonder if they'll be in the game.

I think I will be very boring and play as Stark most of the time. Like many other people, I have a fondness for them and also for their weaknesses. I would hope to make, shall we say, the traditional alliances, and get Tully and Arryn on side. That said, if they were to resist, I would conquer them. I would also court whichever of Hightower or Dorne came on side first - they are both cool and likely to keep the others in the centre and south busy enough for me to develop my position.

I intend to form a very powerful alliance. House Targaryen with a marriage alliance to Dorne and the Westerlands, that will give me the ultimate fall-back position in the Seven Kingdoms and the most numerous and best-equipped army in the Kingdoms.

The Starks are in the easiest position to withstand being conquered militarily that’s for sure. Plus an alliance with Tully and Arryn would keep you safe for long enough for you to aid them or prepare yourself. Unless of course you have a Lysa Arryn in control. In that case you can only rely on the Tully's. The only worry with Stark is what's to the north of the wall - and whether it's going to decide to move south. Under those circumstances, Stark ceases to be quite so appealing a location, but until that moment, I fully agree.

The Nights Watch is in the game so that should help you with what’s north of the well. God only knows with the lack of info but hey will make it interesting. But with an alliance with Arryn and Tully your south is safe if both of those work together. Unless of course Targaryen dragons come calling.

I thought the documentation on the alliances etc said that you could only form Pacts with the other great houses and marriage alliances with smaller towns? So like you could do a marriage alliance with the Twins (not that I'd trust it) but not with Riverrun or the Eyrie. Although I guess that may be different in Single player or if you don't have an AI playing the extra lords. Personally I intend to play this mostly in multiplayer so.

The way it was phrased in the interview was like "there are multiple kinds of alliances with towns with the marriage being the hardest to break" and then in a different section they said there are two kinds of pacts with the great houses but both are breakable.

GRRM must have helped them because it's just like how he likes to do things. I do wonder if in game if there is a messenger component where you could actually talk to players as the other factions. But if that was the case all the secret agreements in game would be for naught. The one faction I really would like to just see knocked out first is Targaryen I mean come on dragons scare me. Playing as the Tully's I will predictably ally with House Arryn and House Stark. Both Winterfell and the Eyrie are great places to fall back to in case of need to retreat, and not to mention our houses have decent history as allies in Robert's Rebellion. Also, geographically, our three houses would hold pretty much the enter northern half of Westeros.