Thread: Driver San Francisco won't start

Driver San Francisco won't start

Hello all,

Yesterday I installed the game Driver San Francisco and played it for a couple of hours with no problem. This morning I wanted to start playing again but now it does not start anymore. After I click on the Driver icon to start the game, nothing happens. I've tried also with winxp3 comp. mode and administrator rights.

Before I could play yesterday I had the same problem, after installing it the second time and patching it differently it worked for some reason. But it's strange that it won't start up anymore.

Anyone got some tips?

Re: Driver San Francisco won't start

Do you have some antivirus software installed in your computer? I am asking this because that might be the culprit for this issue. Just disable that and after that try to run that again. If antivirus is the reason for this then this time you will not get that issue again.

There are two fix for the same. The first one is to remove Ubisoft Launcher. But if you have any other game installed in your pc it will fail to work. The second way is tweaking windows registry to get rid of the issue. You have to start the game in window mode first. It can be limitation of your gpu or video driver due to which you are not getting a full screen output. Click on Start > Run and in that type regedit. You have to locate the Ubisoft Game Launcher path which you can find in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\UBISOFT\Launcher. You have to modify the InstallDir = Path here. Backup your registry before doing the same.

It can be a driver bug according to me. On Windows 7 if I get any of this errors at the end I can see a window saying that the program is taking too much time to respond. Inside Event Viewer I can get the description of issue. So in the same way you will need to go and check in Event Viewer if you can find any option in it. Or you can try updating your video driver also. You can find that on the official website of motherboard or gpu manufacturer. Download the latest drivers and install it in your system and try to launch the game back. This might resolve the matter.

Hello everyone!
    today i have installed driver san francisco, after the installation when i tried to launch the game the game doesn't start can any one give some tips!

Quote Originally Posted by adarshnani37 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    today i have installed driver san francisco, after the installation when i tried to launch the game the game doesn't start can any one give some tips!
    Can you tell us what is your computer specifications? Does the game meets the minimum system requirements that you have? If you have any graphics card then have you tried to update its driver and then check if the game launches properly? When you try to start the game then do you get any error message or some other failure that you can explain here in details?