Thread: Does battlefield 3 works well with sli/xfire

Does battlefield 3 works well with sli/xfire

Can I run Battlefield 3 on Sli or Xfire. My friend has this newly build system which dual gpu support. I had installed Battlefield in it and it is not using up both the graphic card. We had also configured multiple monitors. So that can get more bigger resolution. But the game is freezing in between. I had seen the gpu usage in which only the single one is utilized. What should I do to make this thing work.

Yes you can play that on the dual gpu. Maximum games support multiple gpu support. If you are unable to find the resolution in the graphic settings then it means your gpu's are not properly configured. You have to test out the settings one again. You can find that in the video option. Update your video card drivers and then try back. If you have nvidia gpu then go in the nvidia control panel for additional options.

Re: Does battlefield 3 works well with sli/xfire

Battlefield 3 is optimized for sli. There are few games in the market which are not designed to work with multiple gpu. In your cause I also think that your graphic cards are not proper configured. Due to which you are not getting the kind of solution you are looking for. Just check once in Nvidia Control Panel that the sli feature is enabled or not. If still the game is unable to use dual graphic then disable it completely.

My friend is having a similar setup. He has dual nvidia gpu. He always complain about slow gaming performance. I checked his system and found that this was because of slow processor. He is having the latest dual gpu in his pc, but when it comes to processing power he has outdated one. That is the reason the game is not able to work properly. In your case if this is the issue then try to limit the resolution. Keep it a point where the game can work nicely without freezing.