Thread: Render Glow Option in Trine 2

Render Glow Option in Trine 2

I have the game Trine 2 and enjoy this very much to play, but the time I have finished the game, the screen full with the glowing environments which is very distracting and that is not best of this game. So I have tried to disable such effect from the game but I can’t able to do that. So if you guys know this then please help me to do this.

Re: Render Glow Option in Trine 2

According to the Trine 2 official link, I have found that there is the option available for doing this, but I can say that this is one of the best parts of the game, but I don’t know the reason why you feel so much though. There is nothing so much of flash or something like that. However if you have seen that problems then it may happens there may be some graphical error on that movement have take place.

According to me there is nothing wrong at the end of the game. All I have seen is the bloom of the best scene for the beauty of the environments. However I have seen some error at the left side of the screen that some of the bright spots slowly drifting over there. So if the changes have to done then there should be the changes that remove of the much white bloom. And also this is great of the game that there is the option available to turn off for such thing.

Instead turning off the glow there is the alternate option which is better than that is to reduce the effect. This can be done easily by entering the option while playing the game. So for that you have to press F8 button. After the console appears then you have to type "/render_glow_scale 0.5" and remember not to place quotations, and then press ENTER. By doing this it changes the default effect almost half. And if you still want to reduce that then you may user the 0.7 I think that the better one to reduce the effect. There are also other commands are present that can be used for this purpose so for the option can be seen by typing render_glow and have to press the Tab.

Even I have also done the changes by using the commands "/render_glow_scale #", this turn the glow off completely, and that the looks is more pleasant. But according to my idea the glow is not too distracting. And also according to me I can say that there are more option is available for changing the 'Extra gamma effects’.

If you want to set the glow so that it suitable for your eyes then you can set the settings and 0.7 or 0.8 seemed to be the perfect for all the glows and effects. Or you can simply set the brightness and contrast for the PC at a lower level than normal by the option provide at the lower level. And also the darker settings help much to solve these problems. However the option for Extra gamma effects is present at the leftover from our earlier games. If you want to make the use of that then you can use it for the effect setting.

If there are the problems for the glows and effect then you can adjust the value of the Brightness and contrast either by using the advance setting provided in the game for setting the effect brightness and contrast or you can change it manually by using the monitor’s button option which is simple to use. But I don’t think that there is the need for changing this, because I have played the game several time and still not found any of the problems regarding the display.

Whenever I want to change my display setting I take the help of the command prompt of the Trine 2 , and there I am writing the command to set the display, and there are many more option also available by that you can change lots of display feature so to do this you have to press F8 button and when the command prompt pops up you have to write “render_glow” by typing that lots of option will be appeared for you to set the display.

There is nothing such error exist at the ending of the game play, all ever there is the beauty of the environment that you will going to see for the climax of the game ending. But if you are talking some error then even I have also seen that at the very last corner of the left side in the screen the error is for the bright spot over there is seen some time in my System. But this can be managed by the option present to do this and that option I have seen at the leftover from our previous games. This setting can be used to set the extra gamma effect to their desire value.