Thread: Unintended Consequences in The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

Unintended Consequences in The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

I just want to ask the game company of the Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard a few questions that they really wanted the people not use the relics beyond tier 1 unless they are capable of hitting the level cap and do you all really mean to generate more income by current strategies? and finally i just want to tell you this is not the actual way of business so please try to change it.

Re: Unintended Consequences in The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

I really feel that they are doing it intentionally they are just concentrating on more and more profit.They just want people to buy scrolls and give their company a lot of money and they are allowing people to play the game just for the sake of changing their relics i don't know that why they are neglecting the alternative options.I just wish if their most of the customers could stop playing their things and start playing City of Heroes,Rift or say the DCU Online then we will really shake their system in order to change their system.

I don't think that could really happen but yes i wish the same i have already seen a lot of people making this argument but i don think they hardly care about it the had talked about the change that will be coming when there was a lot of complain about the "cash grab" and its still the main objection and they are still coming up with the change leaving the people with hope and people are still waiting for them to stop the cash garb and run a decent system.

I still remember when they had changed relics in the "Echoes of the Dead" they had made it very easy to reach the top level And since then I really have not tried hard rather i just level the every LI which i find for my class up to level 31 and later i decon them and later when i need relics to combine up I just choose the option of cashing in some skirmish marks in order to make shortfall.It is not a big problem if we just don't buy them.

Yes i agree with you and i will like to share that i have a no of alts at 65 and as you say i might stop playing but then the LI grind has now been replaced by a relic grind and i have already rolled up my RK i did not like grinding LI's in the old
    system and i will also like to tell you that i have a burg(50) and hunter(58) but none have slotted relics above T1 and now they cannot slot anything until they are 75.I just want them to unslot them when we decon an LI at IXP level 65,I want them to make the scroll available to those who choose to decon an LI before it hits cap at least that will be a bit helpful for others.

What i think is that there are possible chances of people complaining for loosing their relics and i think that the reason of complain should not be the company making money rather there should be complaind to make it easy to mock people and it should be aginst something which was available in the game has been removed and has been changed into a payservice and if people are taking it as a cash garn then it really is.

What i do is i just play less character to the max because i don't think even if i keep complaining or we keep complaining it will hardly affect their ears and they will do what they like and what is more profitable for the company rather than listening to their customers and they will do this until they get 90 percent of customer complaining for the same thing.If we play only one character to the max degree then i don't think anyone will be having any problem we can just play less view to more of a challenges.

I dont find relic grinding a big deal depending upon which ones you are going for for eg:
    • T1: Bronze Setting of Destiny
    • +15 Will
    • +500 Offence Ratings

• T6: Gold Setting of Clear Thought
    • +22 Will
    • +650 Offence Ratings

difference- "7 will points' and "150 offense rating"
    so i don't find the option of grind for this.

I really request the them to change the system and come up with some good control's and a simple process as well.What i have found is that the difference between a T1 and a T6 is nominal in some cases but it is really horrendous in some case as well,i hope that the come up with a mechanism in order to lock the relic that we do not want to be auto combined for a relic combine i also find that relic refund option will be a good idea.