Thread: Is Warstorm Game still Being updated or Supported

Is Warstorm Game still Being updated or Supported

Is this game still supported or updated? I have not noticed the new features since December, and some errors that keep popping up as the prize does not have the correct dates or not even showing half the time.

Re: Is Warstorm Game still Being updated or Supported

No updates. Support has all but vanished. Since the energy bar fiasco, Zynga has ignored the game, they don’t know what to do with it and never bothered to get our opinion. it’s so very simple new cards, new card sets, new achievements, new campaigns, new events, marketplace, auction house, tournaments etc. most of which was there, it’s so obvious what to do and they have never seen it.

I couldn't agree more. Zynga has the worst customer service that I have ever seen on any online game. Such a pity they are the one who bought Warstorm, it will never be the same again. there is one thing I overlooked; Site Feedback. If you ever browse he whole Zynga forums, there's NONE.

Not to defend Zynga, but the one time I lost a card through gifting, they returned it. And I just saw in a FB/WS gifting group, another person had the same experience with Zynga. Not saying, just saying.

Well supporting this game means more overhead (hiring more employees etc.) it all boils down to money if they don't see a large enough profit they just won't care. I'm sure most of the developer time is spent on MW and the FV series.

You can't blame everything on them though compared to their other 10+ MASSIVELY POPULAR games Warstorm is just not a top priority. All of Zynga's other games earn $1,000s of dollars a day. I would be surprised if Warstorm gets that much in a year... Everyone wants everything free and to put the blame on Zynga but don't realize they have to pay the salary of anyone who works on their games and their pay rate isn't cheap. They can't pay a team of programmers, artists, scripter’s, etc to work on a game that makes no money to pay them in the first place. That's like paying the kid down the street to not cut your grass. Not to mention Zynga had no idea how HUGE they would get on Facebook in such a short amount of time. It's the "too much on your plate" effect that blew up in their faces all at once.

I want new features!! Forget fixes, chances are Zynga don't have skilled people to maintain a sophisticated game like Warstorm. They only know simple games like Mafia Wars (click buttons and move to next page). They just don't want to admit that they lost the plot in buying a game with money and realized they only have simple people to fix simple games (Example: tic-tac-toe, scissors-paper stone etc)

If I´m informed correctly than Zynga has the original Command & Conquer game designer - so they do have skilled people. From what I read here (never have played this on .com myself) they wouldn´t have to create something new atm, they have some unreleased stuff from left, but they simply don´t seem to care. Like I wrote before, the only negative thing for them resulting from letting this game dye could be a loss of reputation, but I guess them don´t care about that, as it´s a loss of rep only in the eyes of a few gamers. They knew what they were getting into when they bought the game. If it is not making them money, they need to sell it. If they did not know how big they would get they should not of bought the game. If they are that busy they wouldn't put out new shovelware every week in new games. Just like people at home you control what you put on your plate and you have to eat it or throw it away.

I can see their perspective in not having an auction house or marketplace (less income for them) But I could see a way for them to make money off of it. First they would have to make silver worth a damn again. There are many routes to take here, and I won't go through them all.

The second step would be to make auctions. You bid in WS Cash, but the seller only receives silver. 5000 silver per WS cash, like it is in singles shop. Next remove the trading of cards aspect of the game. This gets rid of the loophole to avoid WS cash in auction houses. Now lower tier (1-4) could be done in just silver, since experts want mostly T5-7 cards. This gives lower level players the options of buying decent cards still. WS cash disappears, making more people have to purchase it.