Thread: RW Tools Version for Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2012

RW Tools Version for Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2012

Hello friends, I am very new to the RW Tools and wish to perform an engine swap. My problem is that when I enter to the Scenario editor then I found that there are a list of trains which are currently within the scenario and that is not displayed and here the problem begins that I am not able to choose engine for swapping. I am having 2.1.22 update installed but it is not working for me. I found that there is one message in the rstools.info site which says "Due to a change in RailWorks v106.7a onwards, users MUST upgrade to RW_Tools v2.0.96 or later" but I am not getting that from where I can get the version 2.0.96. Can someone guide me in right direction to do so?

Re: RW Tools Version for Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2012

This cannot be problem with the version as you are already using the latest version. My advice to you is not to change the original scenario. You can only clone the scenario through a fresh name. I would like to tell you that Steam is not going to change while you confirm the integrity of your game cache which is original scenario.

I have some suggestion for you and posting here with the hope that it will help you. So you will have to go to the RW tools menu and click on the edit section. If that is not automatically selected then you will have to choose the assets folder. Now from there check “Rolling stock only” and add to list. Now RW will make a list for rolling stock assets. This might take some time and that is depending on the number of assets.

When lit is over with that then click on the button having text "Save Index" and this will open a new window which is having something like "To make an index file ..... " and will ask you that if you are ready to save. Click on Yes. After this, close the window and then go to Menu > scenarios > edit scenarios. Choose your scenario and edit the chosen scenario. Choose Selected consist and just close little window opening. Click on “Use Index File" The index file opens inside a fresh window, than select the items you desire to swap. Now click on "Swap selected item(s)" You will get a window as " Your consists Rolling-Stock Information will be updated once you save changes" You have to click on OK. After this click on button that says "Clone scenario with new name" and follow the instructions.

You will need to head off to the RW instruments menu and click on the alter area. Since that is not mechanically chosen then you will need to pick the stakes envelope. Now from there check “Rolling stock just” and put in catalogue. Now RW will create a catalogue for rolling stock holdings. This could sit down for a bit and that is relying on the number of possessions.