Thread: TrackMania 2 Canyon unable to connect server error code 12029

TrackMania 2 Canyon unable to connect server error code 12029

I don’t why I am not able to connect with the game servers of TrackMania 2 Canyon. Whenever I am trying to connect game server I am getting an error message which can be stated as follow ‘Cannot connect to the server (12029)’ I am not able to figure out whether there is a bug issue with the game or something wrong with the server itself. Let me know if you are having any useful information to figure out the root cause of the matter of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours on this particular matter.

Re: TrackMania 2 Canyon unable to connect server error code 12029

Answer the following questions so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem.
    Which operating system do you running?
    What is the hardware configuration of the computer?
    Is there any changes on the computer of yours?
    Do you have installed any security software or any firewall on the computer?
    Let me know if you are having any other information to figure out the root cause of the matter.

Do you have tried to connect game with the different browser? If you have not done the same than what I am suggesting that you should simply connect the game with the different browser. There are lots of browser which you can try. I am posting below some of the famous browser which will be useful to fix the matter of yours.

• Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Apple Safari

If you are able to connect the game server but not with the Internet Explorer than you should use the following solution and I am hoping that it will be useful to fix the matter.
    1. You should launch Internet Explorer on the computer of yours.
    2. Now click on Tools and go for Internet Option and go for Advanced.
    3. Now you have to search for the Reset button and click on the Ok button.
    4. Once you have done the same you will be able to fix the matter of yours.

Well I am suspecting that there could be an issue with the host file of the game.
    • If you have installed Windows 7 on the computer and then you can move to following location.
    • %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    • Once you have found the host file you have to open the file. Make sure that you have uncheck the read only from the properties of this particular file.

Now you should remove the following lines from the host file.
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 mp02.maniaplanet.com
    127.0.0.1 mp01.maniaplanet.com
    127.0.0.1 mp03.maniaplanet.com
    127.0.0.1 game.maniaplanet.com
    • Now save the file and recheck the read only option again and see whether it is working or not.

Well you should back up the file before you do anything because if something wrong happens you can restore the file.

Is there any security software or firewall installed on the computer? if so that you should disable the same and see whether you are able to connect with the game or not. if you are able to do the same than I recommend that you should configure the firewall as well as security software so that issue cannot persist. If required you can also do port forwarding on the router of yours.

I think in this particular situation you need to reinstall the game on the computer of yours. make sure that you should restart the computer after reinstalling the game.

Well I am suspecting that there could be a bug issue with the game and hence you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and figure out where exactly bug located into the game. they will release the patch which you can download and install the same so that the issue cannot persist.