Thread: RailWorks 3: Train Simulator 2012: P42 Genesis Add-on on Steam

RailWorks 3: Train Simulator 2012: P42 Genesis Add-on on Steam

Anyone heard about this? The P42DC Genesis Add-on release Steam and SuperLiners are out on Steam at £11.99. Scenarios built-in but not any for the NEC, which I presume is to be expected. The screeners seem outstanding!

Re: RailWorks 3: Train Simulator 2012: P42 Genesis Add-on on Steam

I have a RailDriver; you can attempt a few and let you know. Up to now the whole thing seems great genesis sound could be superior, especially the lack of the compressor.

So everything seemed to work for me with the Genesis and the automatic brake RailDriver except not be moving it. But disappointed with the sounds so I guess im going back to the AEM-7 for a while I hope someone out and upgrade.

I have gone and bought it, it is predictable that the brakes and the sounds can be treated at a future date. Just had a quick game and the dynamic brake look to work well on downhill grade. And at the NEC of the warning signs and the car work. Although I'm upset with steam. Initial download has only the P42 and SuperLiners NO. I had to do a check to complete. Also in the SB & B # 8340 did not move in time causing the stage to fail. 21:07 and is still waiting at the crossing. It is support to start at 20:59.

I think there is a trouble with the Genesis P42DC NEC. I put the controls as easy experts, no. The train goes into emergency braking by itself. I thought that the attentive is disabled while the controls are put to simple. How I can detach this trouble?

I think you are mixing the "Monitoring System" which is on U.S. Railways with alert function as seen on the roads in the UK. While the term "alert" has been used in both systems, the function is different. In general, U.S. practice it is a "dead man's control" in which the driver is expected to respond to the semi-random demands pressed the alert button or move some other control, while the UK system "Alert" is the form suitable for a restriction of the signal or speed. I hope that if the demand to eliminate this part of the story is big enough RS can modify the files, until then I guess you edit the file Engine.bin could completely eliminate this feature at all levels of experience.

I've had about 1 / 2 hour of NEC with 10 Amfleets in tow and all perform well, except the train brake does not work with RailDriver. (Need to use the keyboard or mouse to it.) Monitoring system works well and needs to confirm with the button in the RailDriver warning every 90 seconds, you also get a warning about speed in the cockpit. (Cab signaling is also working on the route of NEC.)

I just bought this and I'm very impressed - one of the best DLC-ons in my humble opinion. Have P42 Superliner cars and opens new possibilities for future road projects that before would have seemed a little silly with the Class 37 and Mark One coaches to run the trains. I noticed the warning go away after returning from sampling of passenger cars, but adds to the realism. Also consider using your horn to correct some of the steps at the level of coaching experience par excellence in North America and driving is an attention to detail tried to accomplish, even in the days of the lateral displacement Trainmaster 3! Only (slight) complaint is not always race scenarios. I know I've been critical of these in the past - largely due to poor implementation - but still would have been nice to see one or two included.

Anyone have a problem with your speedometer freezing the computer screen? Twice I have had chance to freeze around 40 miles per hour or so when it was slowing down and got stuck there for a moment, while in reality it was already 20 mph.

I wonder if this product received any beta testing or quality control of RSC before being added to the list of DLC steam. Last night I met one of the "settings error" messages due to a train out of its path AI (I assume this is because the filmmaker is patched at the points of the hand). It also appears that no P42 as reload a saved set of scenarios. Each time I reloaded a guard rail immediately execute the application has entered emergency brake and put the rudder in neutral. Cannot recover until the train has completely stopped and reset everything. Undoubtedly, a basic principle of any beta test is its performance when you reload a saved game.