Thread: error :Failed to validate c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\main\localized_English_iw09.iwd

error :Failed to validate c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\main\localized_English_iw09.iwd

Dear members,
    im new to this forum, my pc went down few days ago with some bios problems wich have been fixed, evrything is working fine but unfortunatly I ve tried to open steam to play black ops multiplayer and I keep having this error message:

Error during initialization:
    Failed to validate c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\main\localized_English_iw09.iwd
    hope some of you will be able to help me, I even tried to reinstall the game on my pc but no luck.
    I will thank in advance,
    many regards
    falconwind

Re: error :Failed to validate c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\main\localized_English_iw09.iwd

It seems to me as if the game is missing some files that is why it is giving this kind of error message. Can you try to reinstall the game again. What is the operating system you have installed in your pc/laptop? What is the computer specifications that you have? Have you downloaded and installed the latest graphics driver in your pc?

Re: error :Failed to validate c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\main\localized_English_iw09.iwd

Hi Ninja-x
    thank you first of all for replaing to me,
    the operating system is window 7ultimate 32 bit,
    processor AMD athlon(tm) II X4 630 2.80 GHz
    with 4.00GB installed memory
    my graphic card is an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    evrything is updated but i think I may have a corrupt file on steam so I might have to unistall it like you said and try again.
    Many Thanks once again hope to ear from you soon
    reagrds falconwind

i got the same problem and my computer didnt crash.