Thread: What type of beverage will Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road bring

What type of beverage will Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road bring

A common element among the DLC is everyone's favorite. What do you think LR will have? Assuming it follows the trend. So what you guys thoughts about this?

Re: What type of beverage will Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road bring

The Martini works like a Super Stim, I remember because when the damn thing rebuffed I died by it's HP reduction. Also, tell me, what's so alcoholic about a tin can and junk food? If you're trying to tell me the Cloud is an alcoholic cloud, the courier would be wasted 24/7 while at the Madre. It's obvious it's name and Dean's tone about it the name is just a sarcastic attempt to make the gunky mess relatively appealing to drink/eat/consume. I assure SMM sounds more appealing than 'gunky junk food mashed in a rusty tin can with residues of a lethal copper and toxins cloud'.

SMM seems to have plenty of the same affects as alcohol and even described a potent alcohol. Junk food, depending on what it actually is could be fermented into an alcoholic substance and since its pre-War food I'd assume it’s pretty well fermented already making it a surprisingly strong, restorative, and disgusting drink. How the tin can become a Whiskey bottle I do not know since the Wasteland Tequila uses them.

True, but it even states 'This item's effects are similar to Buffout, and in fact uses the same behind-the-scenes effects in order to work. It may be best considered an improved version of Buffout, rather than a form of alcohol.' Which WOULD explain the debuff effect it had and killed me. (It was my first run of DM and I thought they'd work like an emergency stim)

To be honest, I don't think (theoretically) that the Junk Food would be fermented since by Fallout logic it's irradiated, IE it won’t age. Either way, I'm not arguing with you on the name, I just don't think it's really an alcohol, and the fact that it works like buff out points to it that it's more a chem than consumable.

I just looked at the stats for Buffout compared if SMM and I can see you point, their very similar with points to STR and END though SMM offer 15 more health with 5% more chance of addiction, I can't say I've had to suffer a debuff from it like Super Stim but maybe I've looked away or something and missed it. Can't say I understand some of Fallouts logic apart from its based on 50's/60's science and that the word Science! It can be used to explain almost everything.