Thread: Grand Prix series versus F1 2010/11

Grand Prix series versus F1 2010/11

I just wanted to know what people feel about this 2 game when they compare it with each other, I mean which game is better among these and what are the good features an bad features of these games or which one will you vote for the best Grand Prix series or F1 2010/11.

Re: Grand Prix series versus F1 2010/11

It’s a bit difficult to compare these 2 games as there are so a no of changes in the gaming industry but What I like about the GP series is the feel of reality, I like simulation as it is very essential and even necessary to give a good atmosphere to give it the feeling of reality and I think that GP series has all these features and they has just made it better and better with every version of GP series where as I don’t find these feature possibly to give a felling of reality in both f1 2010 as well as f1 2011.So I will say that GP series is anytime better than the f1 series.

My views are different because I think that though the driving model in GP 4 was the best compared to other racing games but it’s not bad in F1 2010's at all I find it better than GP 4's.It was likely to be impossible to run GP 4 in wet as where as in F1 2010 it is hard bit it is possibly easier. I think that the
    F1 2010 has a track that really looks smooth and the bumps appears to be modeled well which was not there in GP 4’s and when its about graphic and real feel than F1 2010's graphics are much better as compared to the GP series so my vote stand for F1 2010.

I feel that the GP4 was probably one of the best F1 game that I have played for long hours I agree upon the fact that the F1 2010 has a bit better graphics than GP4 but for me personally the gameplay is just to be more important than the graphics but the F1 2010 did not had a better gameplay than GP4 it was too arcadey where they would never run out of fuel and never result in an engine failures as well.F1 2011 has been developing but I don’t think that they have yet came close to GP4 in terms of playability so I find GP4 the best compared to any other racing game.

I have played GP4 for a long time and what I have experienced is that the AI controlled cars of GP4 are anytime better than almost all the other online racing game they just have a good pace and they don’t even waste any opportunity where you might make mistake. They just push the envelope as soon as you try to pass even to the point of end in the gravel trap. I think GP4 really has some better feature then the f1 2010 and I wish they come up with better gameplay in f1 2011 rather than just trying to improve its graphics.

What I find missing in the f1 series as compared to the GP4’s is that
    • -The Great AI controlled cars
    • - The Mechanical failures
    • - TV broadcast and good camera angles
    • - cycle cameras on track/box
    • - And the hotseat mode in the offline multiplayer.

This feature could have made the f1 2010 better.

Personally even I fell that the Graphics makes a game if the game does not have a good gameplay than it’s really not worth enjoying the graphics. I remember that Grand Prix series had so much of good lighting and colors where as F1 2010 makes you feel as if you are wearing sunglasses and driving and it used to appear so dark playing it in the rainy visual all these had made the visual of the game low.The Grand Prix series really gives you a Subtle fell of driving a f1 car.F1 series needs to develop all these features to cope up with GP4 series until then GP4 rocks!!

In GP4 driving the AI controlled car was just so excellent driving it appeared to be so realistic they had just tried to push their limits in the braking points and even tried to block the other player's maneuvers where as in f1 2010 all these appeared to be so unrealistic they just had some bugged and strange AI.F1 2010 has also been disappointing in crash physics the crashes were not giving the feel of reality at all especially during the contacts with other cars where as the “Grand prix 4” just had some stunning and realistic crash physic. So if it’s about the gameplay than GP4 is much better than F1 series by now.

F1 series just stand well if it is about graphics but when you talk about handling I have found it better in GP4 as they really had some solid and realistic handling.In GP4 you have the choice of switching cars once the replay mode was complete where as you can not even switch your car in F1 2010.GP4 was open to the modders and you also had a large no of mod where as in F1 2010 they were just close to the modders and not the last the Hotseat mode of GP4 which just washes the F1 2010 badly.

Yes Grand Prix series have always rocked if you compare it with any other f1 game they have always been concentrating on their gameplay rather than just concentrating on improving the graphic of the game like the F1 2010 I have been playing Grand Prix series for years and I still like it and love it as well tough I have tried a lots of f1 racing game but the Grand Prix series have always been the best for me so far but I really expect from the f1 2011 to come up with a better game play to give a tough competition to Grand Prix series