Thread: “Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers” error message while login to steam

“Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers” error message while login to steam

After installing steam in my system I am getting a error message saying "Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers". My internet is active and it is working fine. There is no connectivity problem. I have a working account. I am able to login online. But when I try to access the same through steam client I am getting a error. I am not able to understand why I am the only one who is getting this problem. My friends are using the same thing and in their system it is working fine. There is no issue with it.

I have seen many people having this same issue. There are various reason behind this. First you have to see whether your security applications are not blocking the connection. The second thing you can try is go in steam directory and delete clientregistry.blob file. And then re-launch the same. If still nothing works then remove steam and download the fresh version of steam setup file once again. And then run the setup. That would be enough to fix the issue.

I also think some third party security application in your system is blocking the steam application. You have to disable them. You also have to turn of firewall. And then try back. To find whether your internet connection is active or not you have to type ping google.com -t in cmd. And hit enter. If you are getting constant response then you have a active connection. But if the same is breaking in between the you have to contact your ISP for the same. That would be enough to deal with the problem you are facing.

I had deal with this problem long back when I was unable to use steam. Whenever I try to connect I was constantly getting a error in between. The steam is not able to establish a connection. At that moment my internet was active. I had installed some third party game clients in the system. Those were the cause of connectivity issue. I have to remove them one by one and then it started working fine. So in your system just go in Add/Remove programs and remove all those software which you are not using. And then try to launch it back. Re-installing steam at this point will be helpful.

Re: “Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers” error message while login to steam

What was the solution?

Re: “Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers” error message while login to steam

Well you will need to delete the clientregistry.blob from the steam folder and try to reconnect with the same and see whether you are able to solve the issue.