Thread: Can you consider professional gaming as a sport?

Can you consider professional gaming as a sport?

I wanted to discuss an interesting thing regarding the professional gaming across the world. What do you think professional game should be considered as sports? If you are having any comment then feel free to post over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can you consider professional gaming as a sport?

I don’t consider professional gaming as a sports. Its just an excuse from the lazy people who are playing the game all the time rather than mover out and look for the suitable job which will be helpful to contribute the society.

Well I am state level athlete and it took around half of my life to get where I am today by putting lots of physical efforts. Also by going through mental battle, injuries. After lots of training and completing with the family responsibilities I used to sit down for a while and used to play the game on Xbox of mine. I love to do video gaming but I never consider as a sport since there are no need of training and also you won’t need to overcome from the obstacles. No coaching, no dieting. There is no need of aspire or reach the certain level in video gaming.

I do agree with you. while playing video games it is all about reaction times and the coordination between the eye and hand. If you look deeply at end of the day there is nothing more than button pressing. Also you could not put pro gamers into the same category as that of pro sportsmen. Both are totally different from each other.

Partially I don’t agree with you. there are large fanbase as far as video games are concerned. It seems to be quite profitable if you are doing quite well while playing the video game. also it will offer sort of global recognisation in terms of sports. Gaming is just hobby for the thousands of persons and they love to do so. You should know that the Competitive is used to breed innovation. If there are FPS, Fighting, Racing kind of video games then it seems to be quite boring.

Organizing big tournaments and competitive lan parties would brought community as well as developer to create a really nice game. so that it can be played at competitively as well as professional level. There are couple of games which are having really nice story and they have taken great place into the scenario of the online gaming. Also games like Star Craft 2 and Street Fighter are being played by the people at the competitive level or professional level. The gaming industry is supposed to changing continually. So I conclude that the professional gaming should be considered as a sports.

If it is to be considered as sport then also I am not going to take interest in by any mean.

I could not get the idea of considering the pro gaming as sports. Though I respect for the same. you will not be able to get the good pay until and unless you are at the top.

We know that there are many games like Darts, Chess are considered as a Sports though there is no physical efforts while playing with it. as far as I know gaming should have all the attributes of sport, single player score as well as multiplayer score. Also I am wondering that most of games would work as TV/Arena type sport.

Mostly all the sports are based on the common set of skills and there is no meaning until and unless you are aware of real life X-men with the skills that are inhuman.

Well there is mix response on the above mentioned thing. Personally I am not having any issue if professional gaming is considered as sports. I loved to do professional gaming and will continue with the same whether it is considered as sports or not.