Thread: Matchmaking in Rise of Immortals

Matchmaking in Rise of Immortals

I played two 2v2 PvP matches. The first one, I was a level 4 Nyssus and got matched with a level 2 Scorpix, our rivals were a level 5 Kyrie and a level 7 Nyssus. The second, again I played as a level 4 Nyssus with a level 1 Tatiana, beside a level 5 Nyssus and a level 5 Lazarus. In both matches, both me and my ally had lower levels than our enemies. In both cases, our enemies were double our levels: First game our level sum was 6 (4+2) and theirs were 12 (5+7), second game ours was 5(4+1) and theirs were 10(5+5). This is not balanced by any means. Isn't the matchmaking supposed to balance out the teams between the higher and lower level players? Because what it did there, was to place both higher level players in one team and both lower level players in the other.

Re: Matchmaking in Rise of Immortals

The level banding is within 10 unless they've been sitting in queue for a long time. Truthfully, until about persistent level 10 there isn't much of dissimilarity. A few spells will hit harder untimely game.

I think it plays a vast dissimilarity if you're even just a couple levels higher than your opponent. I see it with me, if I occur to lane beside a lower level rival; I'm scoring some very much easier kills than I would with an equal level one. Especially if they're at a standstill just level 1-2. My level 1 Tatiana ally's greenness in the second example has shown through when she didn't know when to back off and while to push, while to use her abilities and when to wait.

And how is that ELO calculated and applied in practical use. Is it calculated by all the games you've played with any champion, or a dissimilar ELO for every of them? The level 2 Scorpix admitted to be new in the game, so his ELO could not be that high for our level 5 and 7 opponents to have a lower one. My ELO could be fairly ok with Nyssus, as much as it can be considering that I have only played sufficient games to reach level 4 at the time. But with other immortals, I haven't done so well.

Beyond levels there is an ELO system in place as well. Just because they are higher level does not inevitably mean they are better.

There is no dissimilarity between somebody who is level 1 and level 5. It is in your head. I'm sorry but .4 extra Armor or 20 more HP isn't going to be a big game changer. 11, 15, 21, 31 and 41 are pretty much the only actual benefit gaining persistent levels. Even then after the nerf to the masteries it isn't much of a huge difference. I have played against PvE grinders who were 20 levels higher than me and destroyed them. Your example has not anything to do with persistent level but solely player experience.

ELO, like persistent level, is assessed on a per-character basis. You can see this occasionally in the 5v5, where the more active players sometimes have two dissimilar characters in the Top 10 with different ELOs.

Actually the dissimilarity in a mirror matchup is pretty evident and at highest level play, every single point can determine between winning and losing. Persistent levels always mean the most at one point during the game. The early game which can produce a profound snowball effect throughout the game.

It's quite simple to presume level dissimilarities don't mean anything while you're the high-level guy. Lower-levels will see it differently. This is why I would usually complain about you stacking level 40+ members against us in the open beta while the majority of us were mid to high 20s - You might not think the levels stuff that much, but they most certainly do. They matter even more if the two teams are evenly-balanced - That additional 4 armor or 20 HP might be the difference between surviving a fight and dying, and that extra 20 damage might be the dissimilarity between farming like a beast and struggling to catch up. Casters mainly are affected by even small level differences, as you should know by playing Vezin - The difference between a level 9 Vezin and a level 10 Vezin is that the level 10 Vezin one-shots creep waves much, greatly sooner than the level 8. Possibly you just don't realize it because you're almost always higher-level than everyone else. It matters.

Persistent levels matter but do not matter when it’s a few levels apart. If you gravely think you are enormously deprived being a level 8 Vezin against a level 10 Vezin I suggest a new Immortal for you Trylobyte. Also you guys are forgetting I utilize to create premades when I was LEVEL 9! To play you guys while you were level 15+ and a little even with their signatures.