Thread: Don’t know the reason why VAC banned steam account

Don’t know the reason why VAC banned steam account

Recently I just bought a new laptop and then installed Modern Warfare 2 on it but when I tried to play it then I got to know that I have been VAC banned. It’s been 4 months that I have played Modern warfare 2. And even at that time also my account was not banned. Yes, my laptop was stolen 4 months ago, I don’t know if that is the reason behind this or not. I can say this very honestly that I never cheated when I was playing games on my steam account. I don’t want to buy a new copy, but I have only this game in my laptop. I want to complain about this ban, is there any way for this? It didn’t gave me any notification or anything I just saw my account as banned. It is really irritating.

Re: Don’t know the reason why VAC banned steam account

Before, I say I anything, I want to let you know that VAC detected hacks on your steam account and therefore it banned your account. You are totally responsible for your account, doesn’t matters who cheated on your account, you or anyone else. Hence, you will get nothing after complaining them about this.

I think the person who stole your laptop has used your steam account and cheated on that and that triggered a VAC ban. It’s true that your account’s security is your responsibility and now there is nothing so that you can reverse the ban. I know you are feeling very bad for this but this is the way how VAC works. And your notification is that your account is banned for that specific game that you tried to play. I don’t think now you want anymore notifications. But, you can contact support for an appeal. However, I think they are most likely to find that your VAC ban was valid and they will not be able to do anything for you and don’t be expecting much from them.
    Next time if you lost your laptop then it is advisable by me that you should immediately change the password by loging into each website that you is valuable for you, because, Steam Guard is not going to provide any kind of protection for this kind of situation.

Yes, you should have changed the password of your steam account when your laptop was stolen. It is true that, even if you didn’t hack, VAC doesn’t lift the ban in any circumstances.

You didn’t play that game for four months; I think that is the enough time for VAC ban to be imposed. And have right to do anything and you agreed upon that when you were signing up. And there is nothing you can get by appealing about this.

I think you should contact some support and then get your ban reviewed. If they found that you have a false positive then they may lift your ban. However, I have heard that they don’t lift bans but it better to give a try.

Really sorry to say you that Valve is not able to lift the VAC ban anyhow. But, I have another suggestion for you. I think you should raise a support ticket and ask them for that IP by which your account was logged at the time when they found that you cheated and then you can pass that IP to police and they will find that person may give your laptop back to you. So, do as I said so that you can get back your laptop.

I think Valves should be responsible and to protect their users’ laptops from theft if it says itself a professional company. If it is the fact that you have not played for four months then I think that they should lift the ban from your account even if you were cheating, because 4 months is really a long time. Now, should be able to play your game. I will suggest you to contact some support and explain your problem them completely. You will surely get something from them.

First, even if you get the IP address of the time when your laptop was stolen then also it will not be useful as the thief will have at least have a little brain of using proxy. And also I think Valve is not an antitheft company. You should be responsible for your laptop’s security not Valve. It’s more than enough that Valve has added Steam Guard and email verification. Therefore, you must know that your password can not be changed so easily.