Thread: Steam need to add Achievements IDs for XML views

Steam need to add Achievements IDs for XML views

Within the XML view in favor of profile game stats, achievements are not exclusively recognized. This is a difficulty, for the reason that for some games, the achievement's name is not exclusive. (In favor of a number of games, still name + description are not single!). Please append an achievement id in the direction of the achievements within the XML vision. The id is supposed to be stable; that is, stay the similar even if the achievement's name, account or images are distorted. The id supposed to moreover be sole within the game, or internationally unique.

Re: Steam need to add Achievements IDs for XML views

I entirely support this ask for. If this would be extra finding single achievements would be a assortment easier. An additional obsession I would similar to put in the XML would add up, as a result you possibly will perceive 50 out of 100 complete. For all those achievements that have add up.

I appreciate that adding a characteristic as multifaceted as this necessitate gathering user stories, making a modify request, designing the characteristic, identify the distorted interface, writing component tests, apply the changes, running the component tests, performing addition testing and receipt testing, doing deterioration analysis and safety analysis, filing TPS information, doing recital testing, organize to the performance server, difficult the characteristic there, and in conclusion organize to the live server and testing the characteristic there.

I am as well conscious that characteristic requests similar to this comprise a certain priority and that they acquire done subsequent to items through a higher priority are finished. Come across at the jobs page, it affirms that you're for all time hiring for all location. I would be pleased to be appropriate to work in support of Valve to build Steam Community overwhelming (and possibly Steam as well), however alas, I don't exist within the States.

I'd approximating to perceive these as a result games for example Fallen Earth are able to be appropriately parsed. That game has a more achievements as explain on top of, through alike names, icons, and descriptions. I don't consider Valve maintain the XML feeds to any further extent; they're moving it every in excess of to the WebAPI stuff, as a result you won't perceive any modification.