Thread: Steam does not have option to avoid Windows sleep mode

Steam does not have option to avoid Windows sleep mode

Why Steam still does not comprise an alternative to stay away from Windows sleep mode if you're at a standstill downloading huge games. Yet the freeware p2p unlock source agenda eMule has acquire such alternative to stay away from sleep mode.

re: Steam does not have option to avoid Windows sleep mode

It is there within Windows APIs. In actual fact a variety of apps previously utilize it like Windows Media Player, eMule and a lot of others. They have an alternative to perform precisely this through no hacking method. Users know how to control Windows sleep performance (generally, at what time, minutes etc.) as of the power management control panel, however it's a lot more contented if solitary apps comprise their options toward not modify forth and back the OS settings each time. I'd be additional interested within knowing why this choice is not present from Windows within the initial place.

I'm not talking regarding Windows APIs. I'm saying regarding the power management control panel, which fairly particularly be short of a "at what time I am downloading somewhat I don't be concerned which curriculum is responsibility it, at what time I am downloading somewhat, do not go into sleep mode" choice.

I don't consider would be a elegant choice this generic rule for the reason that Windows frequently downloads updates, Defender/MSE updates, is swap user criticism (if facilitate), Media center is downloading program conduct etc. and all these background tasks are through design able to suspend and restart downloading on top of sleep mode, as chosen through the user or through predefined timeout however without forcing him to maintain the PC on. That's why an alternative has been added, however all single apps must enable that function for a good reason. It's therefore simple.

I am able to recognize disabling standby - however at the same time it might be nice to have a shutdown-computer-when-complete-and-idle option. That way if sound infection people or they're worried regarding power consumption or somewhat, they are able to still comprise it shut down at what time they aren't at their computer.

Windows are able to perform this previously for you. If you basically setup power management cfg appropriately at your experience and if Steam would stay away from sleep mode cleanly at some stage in downloads, at what time it finishes your PC will be proficient toward go sleep/shutdown still if Steam is running (however not downloading).

Windows has an inner API for that: at what time the game downloads start Steam supposed to position a standard toward block suspend, at what time it's finished supposed to reset the standard. It’s extremely straightforward. That's the technique it workings and the Steam coders have not to think complex routines toward determinate whatever or redraft the wheel. This has previously been thought. They presently necessitate implementing it for the reason that the OS previously offers this feature.

Re: Steam does not have option to avoid Windows sleep mode

In any case I actually would like to perceive an alternative for stay away from Windows to obtain into sleep mode at the same time as downloading. The earlier user's practice through the going to sleep and 2% of the game sounds excruciatingly recognizable.