Thread: Error message: Failed to create D3D Device while launching game

Error message: Failed to create D3D Device while launching game

Hello guys I have been getting this error Failed to create D3D Device while I have been trying to launch the Portal, or Left 4 Dead games, like HL2DM are also not opening which start to load and then stop without an error message. 2-D or older games, like Peggle and Call of Duty, do work fine though. Can anyone help me with that please? Any suggestion you all can give me out of this?

Re: Error message: Failed to create D3D Device while launching game

What I can suggest you over here is that you need to update your driver and that would surely solve your problem. Your driver has been out dated. And even try to reinstall the game after uninstalling it and deleting its registry key from the regedit and then I am sure your problem would be solved. This is some problem with the launching and nothing else it would be solved by updating the driver and reinstalling. And then can I ask what your specimen is? Whats your system configuration.

Surely I would be doing the system update and would be reinstalling and see if the problem is solved lets see and well my system configuration 32-bit Windows XP, NVidia GeForce GTX 260, RAM 3GB and 2.2GHz Intel duo core. And I think everything is fine.

Not a problem with this I think that you are right the configuration has no problem to run these games ram is perfect and then processor too so no problem so I think the problem is what I said check it out and then update us with that have it been the solved or not as far as I can think I think that the problem should be solved. And basically whats the most I am think is that your direct x is corrupted and that needs to be updated first and hope after that everything would be working.

You need to try Driver sweeper and then try to clean your computer and I think that you are having the old driver and the corrupted video card and then reinstall the drivers and the things would be fine I am sure with that because it’s the same problem what I have faced and it was solved by this thing only.

I was having the same problem and it was very irritating, my condition was same as you and I would say that I wasn’t able to do anything with it because all such tricks of updating driver and all was failed with me then I decided to either do system restore or to format my system and I did that, system restore dint helped me out then the last thing was formatting I completely formatted my system and them the problem was solved so I would say that just try to format the system and the problem would be solved.