Thread: Modding the Hard Reset game

Modding the Hard Reset game

I would be surprised if the mod tools are not released at some point because of the way in which the files are structured data that actually fits the support user content generated. The .Bin winrar will open and you can explore the directory structure and file names. Unfortunately, they seem to be encrypted. I've been too lazy to compile the exe and dll games to get the key, so I've been running a brute force cracker. Hopefully, 24 cores should eat within a couple of weeks.

Re: Modding the Hard Reset game

What gives me hope for proper mod tools is that assets are parked in raw bin files and loaded at runtime. Configuration is very similar to manage your files Q3A pak. Accessories and models are also sitting there - seem to be in a proprietary format. I'll know more once you break the encryption and can access the raw data. Since it appears they are using 3dsmax. Materials carpet my fingers are crossed and hope that only changed the name of files and skeleton mesh and saved an xml type document for information specific entity.

Key has been changed since the demo. Anyway, it seems that they are using Squirrel programming language, but the scripts in the main script folder seems to be compiled. But perhaps with a little luck we might get some custom scripts that run without too many problems though.

I would love to perceive mod tools in favor of this game. A number of outstanding mods possibly will sway the people who stay away from the game for its short length and provide it tons of retailing it wouldn't have gotten otherwise.