Thread: Counter Strike crashes while connecting to server

Counter Strike crashes while connecting to server

I am having some problem with my Counter Strike game, which I believe is due to the DirectX. The problem is when I connect the game to the server, it get crashed as soon as it gets connected. So I have tried to uninstall Counter Strike, Steam, and also my graphics driver, and I have this for more than about 7 times but this did not fix my problem. I deleted DirectX 8.1 and also installed all the latest DirectX 9c and further. But still my dxdiag says that I am having DirectX 8.1. I have got this problem ever since I installed the WindowBlinds/Object Desktop/Vista replica skin which I did last week but later i uninstalled it.

Re: Counter Strike crashes while connecting to server

As you said that you have tried uninstalling all the files related to the Steam and also the Counter Strike. So have you deleted the clientregistry.blob from the steam folder? If not then, first remove the clientregistry.blob file and also the steamclient.dll for your safe side. Before that if you are using the autologin option, and then you need to remember the password as it will prompt you for the password. When it restarts your system it will download these files automatically. As Clientregistry.blob, is responsible for all your games to run properly.

Before updating your DirectX or downloading the DirectX, first create a system restore point. This will allow you to just get back to the older configuration that was there before installing the software. Incase if you have get any problem, then you could roll back to the older configuration. You just cannot uninstall the DirectX from your system as it comes with your Operating System itself. So you can only update your DirectX.

One thing you can do is that, you can install the older version of the Windows XP which is having the DirectX 8.1. After that you can run the updates for the DirectX9.0c. After updating, create 2 new folders for DirectX 9.0b and also for DirectX 9.0c in two different folders. Now you need to copy the .cab files and also the DirectX9.0c in to the DirectX 9.0b folder. You need to overwrite it and then start the setup that is there in the DirectX 9.0b folder. It will automatically update now.

If you are using any of the Anti-Virus programs running, then try to uninstall it or deactivate it and then try starting your game. If this doesn’t work then also try stopping the Firewall. If you don’t want to do so, then change the settings in the firewall making the Counter Strike server to allow sending and receiving the packets. As it might be sometimes the firewall settings, that may cause problem connecting you to the server.

Are you getting the problem with the game or with the server? If it is only the server that you are getting such problems then you should once check the users.ini files, if you are using the amxmodx mod. If this is the problem then you should take the MetaMod and AMX and also the executable files of the metamod. If trying all doesn’t solve your problem then there is sure thing that you might have affected with the virus attack.

It might be the internet connection problem that would be crashing your game. So try to uninstall the unwanted things that are there in your system and occupying your system resources. Also see to it that there is no download or buffering is going by side, if so stop the downloading that is going on. Also terminate the processes from the task manager that you don’t want and restart your system. I hope this will surely work now.

i m also facing the saame prob....pls help me out....i m using win 7.....till yesterdy nyt it ws all ok.......n suddenly gme crashes wen i join server,....pls help me

Hello Maybe this issue is arriving because of your internet issue. do you getting error something like CL_FlushEntityPacket Warnings. basically sometime because of this you throw out from the server. so please check it properly.

nope...no such error...the game juz hangs wen i join any server or create a new game....n nothing works except restarting .....

Is it happen with the all servers or with a particular servers... If its happen with every other server so maybe there is issue with your game. so i will suggest you to reinstall the game. and try it again. and if there is no issue with the game then maybe there is some fault with your internet connections. so check that properly.