Thread: Sengoku game, After Master of Ceremonies dies, the guild hall has to start over from the beginning

Sengoku game, After Master of Ceremonies dies, the guild hall has to start over from the beginning

I always like strategy games, so I am enjoying the play of Sengoku game but here I have found a bug in this game. I am saying this a bug because I think it could not be intentional. After spending around 1400 days in just constructing a Guild Hall, finally my Master of Ceremonies died and now I am seeing that as the charge now goes to the new master of Ceremonies, I have to start building Guild Hall from the beginning with the new master of Ceremonies, and now it again going to take another more 1400 days. I don’t think that this was intentional, I must have to believe that it is a bug in this game.

Re: Sengoku game, After Master of Ceremonies dies, the guild hall has to start over from the beginning

I think it is just an unwanted side effect of tying characters with buildings. I can understand you are really feeling very disappointing but you should imagine that your Master of Ceremonies dies due to a fire captured the Guild Hall. But, it is for sure you have to spend more 1400 days to complete the Guild Hall till what it was before.

Re: Sengoku game, After Master of Ceremonies dies, the guild hall has to start over from the beginning

I also think it is a bug. There is not any point of tearing down the building just because the Master of Ceremonies dies, It will be better if the process of building Guild Hall just gets suspended till any new Master of Ceremony gets appointed for that task.

Yes, I also agree with your point. They should not restart building Guild Hall after the Master of Ceremonies dies. They should just keep the progress. I do not think that it is moddable. I hope they are going to add a patch for this. And I don’t think it will be very hard to implement this.

Here, I got another similar bug in this game. You will lose all your progress if you have started improving a castle and in between the process your Master of Arms dies. It definitely should not be like that. It should be like that it remains partially completed and when a new Master of Arms is assigned for that the he should be able to pick the process from where the former left it.

Yes, same thing I also experienced yesterday. I lost all my progress when Master of Arm died. I think it will never let me to complete this process if my Master of Arm dies again and again. It is really going to irritate me a lot.

I agree with this. What will be if we have completed a castle till 90%, and at that time our Master of Arms dies? This will surely make me highly disappointed and I will never build that castle again. Actually this is nuisance in the terms of games and it is not realistic also. I think the developers of this game will notice this issue and they will fix this in the next patch itself.

I think it is not a bug. it is just according to the design. You are a feudal leader and you are heavily dependent upon the other characters for governing your clan. When you master of arms becomes 60-year and he gets some health issues and then sending him out for building castles is a gamble from your side. It will only happen in succession if your heir was landed and he had his own Master of Arms and in that case he will probably build his own castle again.
    In the case if you want to totally be in command of, then just don’t hand out land to your inheritor. Then he will not get any thoughts about what castles to make and also who to make Master of arms.

But, in my case my Master of Ceremony died for no apparent reason and that also at the age of 32. And because of that it completely waste of my 1400 plus two times 180 extra days per event. And now with my new Master of ceremonies I must have to restart building Guild Hall again. If you are saying that it is not a bug and it is according to design then I would have to say that it s really a bad design for this game.

The developers of Sengoku game are saying that it is just a concept and it is not actually the castle which is being rebuilt. They are saying it is not a bug, it is a feature. I would like to say them that I will have no objection for restarting with beginning if an earthquake or any other disaster hits the building site, but I will never like to build the Guild Hall again just because his Master died.

Yes, I also agree with that. And, if it is a feature then I will say it is just a ridicules feature and it surely needs to get fixed.

I will like to say Paradox that they have just lost their way. They should be aware that historical games should be reflection of reality and therefore when we play a historical game like Sengoku then we expect that the gaem will act logically. But, paradox have made this feature exactly opposite. Paradox should not put fairy tale abstractions without any real logical reason, in such types of game and for every game. We play such kind of games to enjoy and get some fun and not to get frustrated.

Yes, there is no logical understanding that, why all work done by Master of Arms would be remove because of his deaths. If they have put these rules in any fantasy game then it was acceptable but they don’t work in the games which you want to be called as realistic games. These kinds of mechanics really irritate me and also the other players who has suffered because of this feature.