Thread: Controlling Armies in Sengoku

Controlling Armies in Sengoku

I think I have the idea that a vassal army controls its own taxes, if 5% or more of his master's army. But numbers do not make sense in the demo. Shoni begins with six provinces, four of them controlled by the subjects, which can raise 750 men each. 4x750 = 3000. The leader of the clan had a heritage of two provinces, also begins with an entourage of 1,000 potential IIRC, which equates to another 2500.

Re: Controlling Armies in Sengoku

The vassal doesn't control its own troops raised, he controls his personal staff. Early in the game the subjects have no personal entourage, however, but if you wait a few years are going to start recruiting.

From the manual: "If you are a clan leader, will be able to activate and control the military forces of the subjects they represent less than 5% of the total military force of the Clan." "If you are not the clan leader, must have 5% of the total military force of his clan to be able to control his own troops." Sounds like raising taxes on me. This mechanism has been changed. All subjects and control their own entourage, while the clan leader to control his followers and all taxes - both the provinces and the provinces of his subjects. "I do not think we have a brand new manual, but probably readme file a list of corrections to it. I guess the leaders of his dynasty into the machine, or what it says on some taxes.

If this is the manual yesterday which was down I would not trust him a lot. It has many errors and obsolete things. The new handbook to date must succeed. So as a guild leader, if I declare war on another clan, which can increase and control the charges my subjects, but depending on them to bring an entourage and join the fight (I guess if they do not depends on our relationships and honor).