Thread: Call of Juarez: The Cartel error Could not start the game

Call of Juarez: The Cartel error Could not start the game

I have recently downloaded Call of Juarez: The Cartel game and after that I have installed this game in my computer and after installing this game when I have tried to launch the game at that time I get error could not start the game. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: Call of Juarez: The Cartel error Could not start the game

Try to start this game by runing as administrator and after that check whether you are able to launch the game or not. Some time running the game as administrator can help to solve this type of issue.

if you don’t know about how to run this game as administrator then you have to follow this steps.

• first you have to open the my computer and you have to go to the game directory.
    • After opening the game directory you have to check right click on the game launcher file.
    • after doing the right click on the game launcher file you have to select the run as administrator option and after that check whether you are able to start the game or not.

if you have set the password for the administrator account then it will ask you for the password and you have enter the password and after that you have to click on Ok button and after that check whether game starts or not.

In my system I was also having the same problem and whenever I was trying to launch the game at that time I was not getting any error but game was not launching and after that I have tried to solve this issue by trying some solutions but after that also I was getting the same problem. now after that came to know that my antivirus software was blocking the game and that is why I was game was not starting and after that I have disable the antivirus and after disabling the antivirus when I have tried to launch the game at that time it worked fine.

if after disabling the antivirus software also if you are facing the same problem then you have to try to start the game in compatibility mode and after changing the compatibility you ill be able to open the game. try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

if you want to run this game in compatibility mode then you have to follow this steps. First you have to right click on the game launcher file and after that you have to select the properties and after that properties window will be open. in that window you have to select the compatibility tab. now after that you have to change the computability from there and after that click on ok and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

If after running the Call of Juarez: The Cartel game in compatibility mode also if you are having the same issue then you have to do reinstall the game and after that check whether you are able to launch the game or not.

Thank you so much for helping me after looking at your solutions I have first try to start the game by running it as administrator but after that also I was getting the same error while launching the game and after that I have also change the game compatibility and then when I try start the game at that time it started working properly. now in my game I am facing one more issue. Some time game start running very slowly and some time game freezes for some seconds and after that it comes back to the normal. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this.

first try to run this game with different resolution and after that check whether it is giving the same problem or not. if after that also if you are facing the same problem then you have to set your all the graphic setting to minimum in Call of Juarez: The Cartel game and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after that you will not get any issue.

if you are not able to solve the problem after changing the game resolution and if the same problem is coming after setting the graphic setting to minimum level then I think you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the graphic driver in your computer and after reinstalling the graphic drivers also if you are facing the same problem then I think you should first try to solve this problem by downloading the updated graphic drivers from internet and after that you have to install that drivers in your computer and after installing that drivers you have to check whether you are facing the same problem with graphics then let me know.

According to me you have to check whether are facing this problem with other game also in your computer or you are getting the same problem with this game only. I you are getting the same problem with other game also then I think you should try to solve this issue by downloading the updated Direct x in your computer and after installing that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Well after changing the graphic setting in this game also I was having the same problem and after that I have downloaded updated graphic drivers in my computer and after downloading that in my computer when I have start the game at that time I didn’t get any issue. Thank you for helping me.

question Re: Call of Juarez: The Cartel error Could not start the game

I am mahan from Iran and I have the same problem.I tried to start the game in compatibility mode but it didn`t work.My windows is seven and my friend easyly open the game with the same windows.I also disabled of my antivirus but no work again.Can you please tell me more about compatibility mode?

Quote Originally Posted by mahan View Post
    I am mahan from Iran and I have the same problem.I tried to start the game in compatibility mode but it didn`t work.My windows is seven and my friend easyly open the game with the same windows.I also disabled of my antivirus but no work again.Can you please tell me more about compatibility mode?
    What is your computer specifications? Does your computer meets with the minimum game requirements so that it can be played on your computer? Have you tried updating your graphics card driver? Do you get any error messages when you try to launch the game? Try right clicking the on the exe file and go to compatibility mode and select windows xp and then launch the game and see if it works or not.

smile Re: Call of Juarez: The Cartel error Could not start the game

hello mario 2.thank you for helping me1_my RAM is 2 GB.my graphic card is GEFORCE 210.I don`t no exactly about my cpu but I know my motherboard is hardly handling these.2_I think yes.3_Not yet and I don`t know exactly how to do this?4_No error messages but it doesn`t open.5_i tried that way but no result.And thank you again
    Last edited by mahan; 01-10-2011 at 11:26 PM.

unsure Re: Call of Juarez: The Cartel error Could not start the game

When i start the game suddenly dialouge box appears that <steam is required in order to play call of juarez> now what i have to do for running the game? please HELP ME.....