Thread: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine demo, is it a glitch or is intended

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine demo, is it a glitch or is intended

When I downloaded the demo, after that I pre-ordered Space Marine just after 10 minutes of that. I played it and I found that I has very high potential and It seems be an awesome game. But when I was playing demo for 3rd time, I noticed an issue which probably be a glitch.
    So, that time I was playing the ‘Inquistion’ and after some time I came to a spot, where I was just outside the control room, where you drop the Ork’s Cannon. There I encountered with a Nob, who used some kind of AOE attack, and that attack almost killed me from the other end of sidewalk. At that time I was on hard difficulty mode, but the Nob was blocked by other 2 space marines and I was secluded from that Nob. This attacked appeared to be a kind of overpowered, whereas the Nobs were supposed to be strong and dangerous. I don’t know if it was a glitch or was just intended. If it was a glitch, then I hope they will fix it soon. Is there anyone else who experienced this or something like this.

Re: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine demo, is it a glitch or is intended

It is not a glitch, it is intended. But, I think, once you got familiar with the combat system then single one is not even a challenge for you. When you are facing theme on hard then the all you need to do is, just be pretty careful and planned.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is more likely built around with mixing melee and ranged combat. You will lose every time, if you are trying to go toe to toe with a Nob right off the battle. However, diminish up the group with a grenade and several bolter fires, and then you will carve through them like a chainsword through butter. Once I also made the same mistake, but you will get the sling of it.

And here is a most useful information for you. Whenever you are dealing with nobz, the great stomp will stun them even at almost full health and even if you are playing on hard. You can perform Great Stomp as, m2+m2+m2+F.

Yes, that is a best one. But, you can also go for shoulder, by doing bash+slash+slash+kick+slash+slash+kick and then Execute. Once you get the hang of it, nobs will go down fast.

For me, kiting them seems to be the easiest way. I use the launcher to stick explosives to face and then just easily detonate them. But, I found melee combat with Ork Nob, little hard. I always play on hard, and I used to think maybe it should be tweaked a little to make it harder. But, it is true that it is little tough to judge that until I play through full game.

Yes, that is a best one. But, you can also go for shoulder, by doing bash+slash+slash+kick+slash+slash+kick and then Execute. Once you get the hang of it, nobs will go down fast.
    If you might have noticed, while executing your enemies, you do take damage. And under hard setting you will be killed immediately by the mob arks, in the finale of the demo, while you are executing the Nobs.

It is not a glitch, it is intended. But, I think, once you got familiar with the combat system then single one is not even a challenge for you. When you are facing theme on hard then the all you need to do is, just be pretty careful and planned.
    I don’t think that their body smash can create an enough force wave which can cause overwhelming damage to enemies’ five miters in front of him. Just give it a try, if you have not seen it yet. In the control room gear the second Nob. Back up if he charges at you. As long as you are on the way he charges at, you still take a massive damage from it, even if he is not close to you.

I was thinking that, At the finale when I get the power axe from that glowing things by elevator, I could take nobs. And they are really not easy to defeat on hard.

According to me you should try with power axe + fury and then reply in slow motion, because it is too hard to notice Nobs, as the go down too fast